Original topic:

Fashion Filters vs. Light Filters

(Topic created on: 04-03-2021 09:01 PM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
ETC
Hi @samsung it's me again, Sara Warwick Owner of Blastom! Enterprises Ltd. I'm just writing to send you a few thoughts about your Edit function Filters in Galary and your Filter variety and Options in Camera.
 ▪︎ 
 It hasn't escaped my notice that @samsung has invested richly in there updated Camera quality for the new Galaxy S21 and S21 Ultra. A second related item, captured my notice, and that is the sudden burst of interest in Fashion Filters from competitors for Share Of Market and Photography app developers
 like: Snapchat, Adobe Express, Candy Camera by JP Brothers, and the Google Duo app.
 ▪︎
 Snapchat uses a face masking technique that allows the photographer and the model to seem to highlight or enhance facial features, series even adding adjustable "props" like, Rabbit ears, or seeming to dye a models Hair purple. A preferred trait of these Fashion Filters is to seem to change eye color, or skin tone through OBJECT MAPPING.
 ▪︎
 This is in contrast to the "Light Filters" that Gallery and Camera offer to their customers. This difference is and asset and a detractors to Samsung's investment in it's Camera hardware. It presents the opportunity for new offerings of Fashion Filters, where none existed before. Staying current with trends can be a fools errand in racing to keep up with Fads. But, when one sees that these fads have generated change across the industry, to raise the bar in the expected Filter experience. Think of Fashion OBJECT MAPPING Filters as the new industry standard the way Stickers blew up on the scene for Facebook's Messenger app.

Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra, Light Filter 

Snapchat, Fashion Filter 

1 Comment
Halston
Options
ETC

Hi thewilhelmina,

Welcome to the Samsung Members Community Canada.

Thank you for taking the time to share this with us. We are taking this as feedback.

0 Likes