Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

security policy ?

(Topic created on: 10-30-2022 06:57 AM)
samy2022
Active Level 9
Options
ETC
Today, I used the camera a lot, it worked great but sometimes when i unlocked my phone and the camera opened, I sometimes received a message saying "the security policy prevents the use of the camera", and I was ejected from the camera.
what's this security policy?

7 Comments
Solution
ETC
Does reboot your phone able to fix the problem?
samy2022
Active Level 9
ETC
it seems to work for now
Solution
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
ETC

The inability to use the Camera due to "security policy", could just be a "glitch" and restarting the phone device could resolve the issue.

It's also possible that a 3rd party app may cause the problem. In this instance, Booting into Safe Mode, may confirm this to be the case.

If the device's sensor settings have been changed, they may also cause the error. 

Check that the sensors used by the camera are enabled. This is normally an issue if changes have been made in Developer Options, so check there. 

The most likely cause would be something corrupted in the Camera app's Cache and or Data. Clearing Cache & Data for the Camera *SHOULD* correct the problem. 

samy2022
Active Level 9
ETC
It seems to work for now.
It may be caused by a third party app, I installed a few of them to decorate my home screen, I will uninstall them as soon as possible
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
ETC

As strange as it may seem, I know that there's even a couple of Gallery apps, that while they don't prevent you from using the camera itself, they will prevent you from taking screen shots.. which is kinda weird. 

NoCam
Beginner Level 2
ETC
I am having the same problem, exact same message when I attempt to use my camera
I have gone through clearing the cache and data, reboot to no resolve
This is extremely frustrating
0 Likes
samy2022
Active Level 9
ETC
I suggest you to try @RedDogRabbit suggestions that you haven't tried yet, and to do a wipe cache partition (just in case)
0 Likes