Original topic:

The Corset

(Topic created on: 02-08-2020 04:18 AM)
Shaylaina
Active Level 4
Options
ETC

Does anyone enjoy a dark, gothic, Victorian-era story?  I was crazily involved in this story.  Drawn right in.  
Ruth is a poor teenager in London.  We all know how horrible and traumatic life was for children of poverty.
Dorothea is an heiress.  
Their lives come together in a way that, I don't believe has been done in any other book.  
Despite the deaths and cruelty, I really enjoyed this story. This seems odd, but there is something about how it is written. 
6 Comments
sneep
Active Level 1
ETC
wry
Dk420
Active Level 6
ETC
how goes it gorgeous
Shaylaina
Active Level 4
ETC
It is the season for colds. My Granddaughter brought home a cold from school. My 9 month old Grandson caught it. I took him to a children's walk in clinic and waited a couple hours for him to see a doctor. I've been sick ever since. He is getting better.
ETC
huhhhh intriguing, Worth a read to me.
A good book also, that i read, "Prodigal daughter, set back in 1900's- about her and her father, growing up encouraging her and at best the father guides her as she owns a clothing store, meets her man and becomes close to president.
Its really how its written; going threw world wars and just so enlightening for young women!
i read in 2016!
Thanks for the likey!
Shaylaina
Active Level 4
ETC
I went and read about the book, Prodigal Daughter. It does sound like a good read. I know I've read Jeffery Archer before. I can't remember what books of his, but I remember his name.
ETC
i think your rt! I enjoyed it immensely.
i was just done unpacking and my place was tranquil. so do like to pick up a great book and relax, the ones you can't put down, awwh just 200pgs more, lol.
Love those relaxed moments.
hopefully one day sooner...
👍🥶💫💛🦋🐘