Original topic:

85% maximum charging option

(Topic created on: 04-18-2022 06:21 AM)
mujii
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy A
Does anyone of you here choose to charge your phone to 85%? I started to opt in after the new UI update last night. 
5 Comments
Galaxy A
The top and bottom 20% of a lithium-ion battery's charging range are the most stressed, and the closer you get to 100% or 0%, the more stressed it is.

In other words, even though both offer a 1% charge, charging from 99 percent to 100 percent is much more difficult for a battery than charging from 49 percent to 50 percent.

It's okay to use your battery's maximum capacity when you need it. However, if you turn this option on, your battery will age less quickly than if you charge it fully every time.
mujii
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
Thanks for the advice. I'm glad samsung has this feature now.
0 Likes
cyb2322
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
I have been using this function when I got the s22ultra
scinex
Expert Level 4
Galaxy A
Good feature to preserve and increase the life span of the battery indeed. Would love to hear your experience and feedback after few months of using the feature.
For me, on the other hand use a different method, which has been using the style since using my S6+ and all my other phones, and the phone is still works great with original battery. I will start to charge when battery is below 10% and will charge all the way to 100%. Charging cycles is directly affecting battery performance towards its life so if a battery is estimated to have a life-cycle of 1000 charges, it means charging at 85% capacity will cause faster reaching to life-cycle limit then charging full to 100%. In addition, charging process is now so smart that where when reaching to near max or 100%, slow or low amp charge is used so to not stressed the battery.
# Just my two cents based on my own experience. 👌🏻
NaethrenSH
Active Level 6
Galaxy A

I hope all other phones and brands get this option too....