Original topic:

A51 hotspot 5GHz not working after update

(Topic created on: 08-08-2021 03:42 PM)
Kaveh_k_s
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy A

Hello to the Samsung community
I had the ability to turn on the hotspot using the 5 GHz band in my A51 phone on the Android 11 update A515FXXU4DUB1 and A515FXXU4EUC8 builds.
But after updating to build A515FXXU4EUD7, this option has been disabled and at the moment I can only hotspot at 2.4 GHz
Where is the problem and how can I solve it?
Thanks

12 Comments
Valeriya
Options
Galaxy A

Hi Kaveh_k_s, As you have updated the android version I suggest you to perform Wipe Cache Partition and write back to us if the issue still persists.

Please try performing the wipe cache partition by following the instruction below and check if the issue got resolved.

Turn off the device. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.

When the Android logo displays, release both keys.

An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear.

Press the Volume down key several times to highlight "Wipe cache partition".

Press Bixby / Power key to select.

Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Bixby / Power key to select.

When the process is complete, the Reboot system now is highlighted.

Press the Bixby / Power key to restart the device.

0 Likes
Kaveh_k_s
Active Level 1
Galaxy A

Hello again
As you explained, I Wipe Cache Partition in my phone
But the problem persists and i can't turn on my hotspot using the 5 GHz band and only 2.4 GHz option exist

I think the problem is with the A515FXXU4EUD7 build, because in the previous builds there was no problem to turn on hotspot in 5 GHz band.

If there is another way to solve the problem, tell me to do it
Thanks

Galaxy A
Do you mean under Band Selection, there is no 5GHz to choose from?

Maybe try reset network on your phone.
Before doing that, make sure you got all SSID and password ready. Also, you need to re-pair all BT devices after network reset.

Settings → General Management → Reset → Reset Network Settings
0 Likes
Kaveh_k_s
Active Level 1
Galaxy A

Yes exactly

in mobile hotspot under Band selection, there is no 5GHz to choose from and just show me 2.4 Ghz

But there was a 5 GHz band in this section before updating my phone
As you said, I reset the network settings but the problem was not solved

I think there is a problem with the update or a problem with One UI 3.1 which does not show me the 5 GHz band in the hotspot configuration

Valeriya
Options
Galaxy A

Hi, could you try connecting to any other alternate hotspot and see if you can get the 5ghz.

0 Likes
Kaveh_k_s
Active Level 1
Galaxy A

I can get the 5GHz connecting to my home wifi modem and my phone wifi works fine in 5GHz

my problem is when i want to hotspot my phone internet to any device and it just has 2.4 GHz option.

in the hotspot settings section, previously in the band selection, the option was to set it to 5 GHz, but after the update that was removed and i have just 2.4 GHz.

photo_2021-08-09_21-21-52.jpg

Valeriya
Options
Galaxy A

Hi Kaven_k_s, let's try to do a factory reset as suggested by Tallman.
Please follow the below steps to perform a factory reset:
Note: You must back up your personal data prior to the factory reset because otherwise your personal information may be lost. If you have encrypted the microSD card, you must decrypt it before resetting the phone. Otherwise, your phone will not be able to read the data on the card. From Settings, search for and select Decrypt SD card, and then follow the on-screen prompts.

From Settings, search for and select Factory data reset. Next, tap Factory data reset again and then review the information. When you are ready, swipe to and tap Reset. If you have a security lockset on the phone, you will be asked to enter the credentials. Finally, to delete all information and downloaded apps, tap Delete all.
Note: Your phone will reset; when it turns back on, it will start from the initial setup screen.

Thank you for the response, Tallman.

0 Likes
Kaveh_k_s
Active Level 1
Galaxy A

It took me a few days to back up my data and factory reset
But after reset, this problem still remains
My father has another A51 that is not updated to the latest version and the 5 GHz option exists on that phone.
And now I can give a 100% probability that the problem is with the update of version A515FXXU4EUD7

Galaxy A
Ok, I think the last thing you cqn do is factory reset the phone.

Use SmartSwitch to do a full backup of your phone. Then perform factory reset. I think this should fix the problem.
0 Likes