Did you mean: 

Original topic:

A52 AOD

(Topic created on: 09-05-2022 09:10 PM)
メメWOLFメメ
Active Level 7
Options
Galaxy A
Question, I know the A52 4G has a 90hz display and do not support LTPO tech so if I turned on the AOD to always show will it always be running in 90hz and if so will it have a dramatic effect on the battery?

Thanks in advance! I just wanna use the AOD always but I'm not sure if it running at 90hz everytime would have a dramatic affect.
0 Likes
4 Comments
SamsungRightCare
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy A

Hello Anther,

Thank you for reaching out to us here to inquire about the effect on the battery of Always on Display (AOD) features of your Samsung Galaxy A52 4G device. Really understand what you are feeling right now, and don't you worry, we are here to help.

As you may be aware, Always On Display (AOD) is a smartphone feature that has the device continue to show limited information while the phone is asleep.

And yes, the Always On Display feature does consume energy and has an effect on fast-draining your battery.

Be sure to keep in mind about Battery Tips & Optimization by following below steps & link.

A) Power Saving mode:

First, Navigate to Settings -> Tap Battery and device care -> Tap Battery -> Tap Power Saving -> Tap the switch to turn it On.

B) Accidental Touch Protection: You can reduce battery drain and stop embarrassing pocket dials by blocking accidental touches.

Open Settings -> Tap Display -> Tap Accidental Touch Protection -> Turn it On

C) Adaptive Brightness: This feature will learn your usage patterns and automatically adjust the screen’s brightness based on your prior adjustments. It can also help extend your battery life!

Open Settings->Tap Display -> Tap Adaptive Brightness -> Turn on Adaptive Brightness

D) Battery Optimization

Likewise, please click the below link on how to optimize your Samsung Galaxy device Battery

https://www.samsung.com/ph/support/galaxy-battery/optimization/ 

Hope this content helpful and your problem gets solved.

0 Likes
TeamGalaxyDD
Options
Galaxy A

Hey Anther,

Running your device on a higher refresh rate will definitely have an effect on how fast your battery drains. However, AOD actually helps that a bit - instead of turning on your entire screen to check the time or see notifications, AOD gives you all that essential info as soon as you pull out your phone. No need to turn on the screen!

0 Likes
Unknoẅn_useř
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
I don't think it will greatly affect your battery, if 90Hz and AOD is on, most probably it will consume 1-3% per hour.

You can try using AOD with 90Hz for 1-2 days to see its effect on your battery.
Galaxy A
Thanks, I decided to turn it on..
I have had the device for almost a year now and I haven't set it to be always turned on.
0 Likes