Original topic:

A52 vs Pixel 3aXL

(Topic created on: 02-02-2022 03:53 PM)
rossputin
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy A
So, when I bought this mid-range phone, I assumed it would do everything my 2 year old mid-range does but better.
Most recentl issue is that it will not process kinemaster videos any higher than 360p. Kinda surprising given the old phone is almost 2 years older and will at process at 1,440 p. The On the Samsung Kinemaster has to transcode it. Odd.

Yet, I CAN'T set the camera settings to reduce quality to avoid ridiculously high file size. I don't need 12 MB photos for day to day use. Very few people do.

Can't edit the keyboard to fix the profoundly annoying "." or ".com" buttons when browsing. Holy mother of gawd is typing on this thing an exercise in patience. 

Names do not come up after 5 or so seconds when trying to text someone.

And the extent of the help is "reset" the phone. That would make sense for a phone used for a few months years but out of the box? (No offence)

So I think it's reasonable to be frustrated. 

But is there ANY reason I shouldn't return it?

2 Comments
Reynaud
Options
Galaxy A

Hi rossputin, we suggest you to try clearing cache and data for kinemaster videos apps and check.
Clearing the application cache will remove any remaining files that may slow down the application.
In Settings, swipe and tap Applications. Select the application you want to delete. Tap Storage, then tap Empty Cache.
If this doesn't work, tap on Clear Data ( Note: this will clear all the app data on your phone and you will need to log in again).
If this still doesn't work, try uninstalling and reinstalling the app.

For Camera setting issue,if you are using default samsung camera, try resetting camera settings.
Reset the camera application
Open the Camera application, then tap Settings.
Swipe and tap Reset settings, then tap Reset.

Also, please confirm the model number of the device.

0 Likes
rossputin
Active Level 5
Galaxy A

No, has nothing to do with cache. The phone was BRAND NEW. It was the first use of kinemaster so can't be a memory/storage issue.

The A52 is supposed to be better than a 2+ year mid tier phone. It isn't.   It's surprisingly difficult.

I've shipped back the very disappointing A52 back to Samsung.

0 Likes