Did you mean: 

Original topic:

A52s headphone jack (mic not working)

(Topic created on: 11-17-2022 04:01 PM)
Chii07
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy A
I have a problem with my A52s 5g's headphone jack. All of my earphones/headphone/external mics does not record a single sound on my phone. I can listen to any sounds using my earphones/headphone but during Call the person i'm calling can't hear my voice. I tried basic call, Googlemeet & in voice recorder, still no mic sound. I think the headphone jack on my phone has no "input for mic". Only has output for listening to sounds.. I'm not sure tho. Does anyone experience the same? 
13 Comments
Members_x8DcaV4
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy A

Sadly same is happening to me :( did u find a solution?

fpiccoloferreira
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy A

I've had the same problem!

I got an a52s 5g only months ago and everything was normally  working but yesterday I called somebody and when I tried to use the headphones the person said she couldn't hear me. I thought it was something with the headphones since my mobile is new but I tested it in my old mobile and it works perfectly. I've tried different possible solutions but nothing has worked at all; I reseted the phone, I turned it off and on a couple of times, I "cleaned" the headphones jack, I tried a new headphones and nothing. Also, my phone was updated yesterday, before I had noticed the problem so I don't know if it is something with this new update or if it's hardware problem. 

donsc
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

It just happened to me as well and I just updated the phone the day before it happened. I think some of the people on this chat have a hardware problem, but with two of us having it happen soon after an update, I think there is a software issue. Hope someone figures it out.

0 Likes
danielolai
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

Same problem here. Started yesterday 8th of March 2022.

I've tried the following things without any luck:

- Tested several headsets
- Rebooted several times
- Booted into safe mode, mic still didn't work.

Chii07
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
Guys I think it's a hardware problem.
I'm just sad I couldn't return it for replacement. I just bought this phone last December 2021 and it's already 2 weeks when I noticed the problem.
If your phone is also new like mine, i guess we received a phone with headphone jack defect.
Last solution is to go to a Samsung service center for check up/repair.
0 Likes
danielolai
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

Yeah, I think it's a hardware problem. I've tested some more and found out if I press the jack plug towards left, I'll get the microphone working. But it's not a sustainable solution, since I can't go around applying pressure to get the microphone working.

I bought my phone in December 2021 as well, but it's still covered by warranty. The problem for me is that I have no replacement phone and I will need to wipe the phone before I deliver it to service.

Actually the single reason for why I bought the A52s was because of the jack plug. I usually have the S-series, but since my S10 broke (and that was the last S-version with jack plug) I had to buy a new phone. 

0 Likes
Montyleman
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

Hi all.
@danielolai
Have you heard anything regarding your repair query? I have the same issue with my A52s 5g and a chat person just told me that we cannot use the phone's built-in mic when headphones are plugged in. It doesn't work like that apparently. We need to use headphones with a mic included!!!
Below is the chat summary.
"Just to summarise what we discussed. You just have to use headphones that have built in mic so you can use it for calls and talk to your contacts via headphones. You can still listen to musics on your headphones but if it doesn't have built in mic on it then your device will not use microphone to detect your voice over the headphones."  

This must be a "new feature" that Samsung has developed as ALL my previous smartphones allowed for the use of their built-in mics and external plugged headphones to make and receive calls. What a joke. I have not expected that. And the only reason I bought A52s as well, was the headphone jack.

Best
M

0 Likes
OlivierYogi
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

I experienced the same issue.

I just bent out the microphone pin with a small screwdriver and now it works great again

https://imgur.com/a/umtQIbP

Samsung_AWPX58M
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy A

Hi Olivier,

I started experimenting this problem today, and I'm more than happy to have found your solution which worked on the first try!

A thousand times thank you 😊🙏

Nathalie