Did you mean: 

Original topic:

A52s WiFi issues One UI 4.1

(Topic created on: 05-01-2022 09:18 PM)
mordmartin
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy A
Been having a peculiar WiFi issue with my A52s. I'm using a Tp-Link WiFi mesh and my phone does not seem to be able to switch from one node to the other when it gets too far away from the original spot. Instead, it shows the error as "connected without internet" until I disconnect and reconnect WiFi again. 

I don't live in a big house and one WiFi mesh node is a mere 5+ metres or less away from each other. I have a Huawei phone, iPhone and Windows laptops in the same house and none of these devices exhibits this issue.

I have reset network settings, forget network, restarted my WiFi mesh, tried switching to phone MAC address under WiFi settings instead of randomised MAC and all of these does not work.

Anyone having the same issue or how to resolve it?
3 Comments
mordmartin
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
Finally had no other choice but do to a full factory reset and the problem went away. Thanks for nothing, Samsung community.
Rapo73
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy A

Same here. I read and try all the recommended solutions (full factory reset, connection reset, Static IP, Phone MAC address, 2,4 Ghz only, channel  36-48 on 5 Ghz, dedicated DNS, etc)  I found on the community forum without success. 

I have a 7530 fritbox device coupled with a Fritz 1260E powerline wifi in a mesh environment. I also tried my old Fritz 7560, but it didn't work as well. No other devices (I've more than 20 connected via WiFi, smatphones, tablets, TV, smart home devices, etc) have connection issues, but the A52S!

The problem occurs only when the A52S is connected via the 1260E: frequent disconnection, and/or connection with no internet. The event log recorded by the router shows disconnections up to every 5 seconds.

It's a nightmare!

Today my final try: two different WiFi SSIDs on the router and the extender  without MESH, but I'll have to switch between the SSDs manually. 

I didn't expect such behavior by a strong brand like Samsung: really disappointed.

Probably I will return the A52S because it doesn't fit my environment and I don't want to change my network settings due to this bad engineered smartphone.

0 Likes
mordmartin
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
Just backup your data and do a full factory reset. It should go back to normal again.

Yes, I do agree that for such a big manufacturer and the "hype" of Galaxy smartphones being the go-to Android device, I've had more issues with Samsung Galaxy than any other brands of Android smartphones.
0 Likes