Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

A71 audio pb

(Topic created on: 07-29-2020 06:03 AM)
LaurenceS
Beginner Level 3
Options
Galaxy A
this is the stranger thing...just got the A71 and everything works fine except the audio in Whatsapp! I cannot listen to voice messages and the screen shuts off right away when I try! Audio works fine in Messenger. Would anyone have an idea what's wrong? 🤷🏻‍♀️thx
0 Likes
7 Comments
Kinsley
Options
Galaxy A

Hi LaurenceS,

Please make sure that while playing Audio from Whatsapp your palm or hand is away from proximity sensor. The proximity sensor detects that there is an object in front of the phone and notifies the system. 

WhatsApp assumes that you have put the phone to your ear and routes the sound through the earpiece and also turns the screen off.

0 Likes
Solution
Kinsley
Options
Galaxy A

Also, try to reboot the device and check. Sometimes a simple reboot will fix the issues and make sure the apple is updated to the latest version.

If the problem persists clear the cache of Whatsapp and get back to us with the result.

Follow the below steps to clear the cache of Whatsapp:

Open Settings >> Apps >> Whatsapp >> Storage >> Clear Cache.

Then reboot the device and check.

LaurenceS
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy A
thank you so much Kinsley, I will let you know how it goes.
LaurenceS
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy A
hi Kinsley,
I cleared the cache and restarted my phone ...it worked! thank you so much! have a great day!
Rebekka
Options
Galaxy A

Hey   LaurenceS,

That's good to hear that your issue resolved. Please take some time to accept the solution by clicking the 3 dots on the top right of the comment.

0 Likes
Rebekka
Options
Galaxy A

Hi  LaurenceS,

Thank you so much for accepting the solution and Please reach out to us anytime if you have any issues with the device.

0 Likes
kia23
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

I can't find my WhatsApp audios under My files, and yet this Category is there. What should I do?

0 Likes