Did you mean: 

Original topic:

A71 charging problem

(Topic created on: 06-20-2021 02:02 AM)
Notabot_01
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy A

I dropped my phone last night and heard a crack. I checked if there was anything wrong but the phone was just fine. I was able to watch videos and play games with no issues at all. It was only when I plugged my charger in that I noticed it no longer charges. I checked using 4 other type C chargers (3 original and 1 3rd party since I needed a USB type C cord to use my power bank) none of them charged. I double-checked if it was the problem with the cord but my parent's phone was able to charge. 

I would like to ask is there anything I can do before having to send it to Samsung repair services
And if I have to resort to the repair service, is it possible I can have a best and worst case scenario of the issue and a price range of the repair.

Thank you so much

6 Comments
TeamGalaxyRene
Options
Galaxy A

Hey there! Welcome to Samsung Members Community! Explore your new hub for all things Samsung and beyond. Earn the coolest badges and enjoy awesome perks from us by connect with Samsung experts, super-fans, and other Community members for tips on features and how to get the most out of your Samsung product. Should you need technical assistance, don't hesitate to reach us via our TOLL-FREE mobile number #GALAXY (#425299) or via our TOLL-FREE LANDLINE: PLDT Toll free : 1-800-10-726-7864 Globe Toll Free : 1-800-8-726-7864 Standard Landline : (02)8-422-2111 Daily (8:00 AM to 8:00 PM).

As with your case, since you've tested different charging units, and have them also tested on your parents' device and it works on them you might have damaged the charging port of your device. We highly suggest for you NOT to have it tinkered by some outside tech, as it may further damage on your device even though the price is more inexpensive. Kindly have it scheduled immediately for an appointment with your nearest Service Center via the TOLL-FREE HOTLINES mentioned above. As per the quotation, it may vary per location and per service needs to be done. Still, you'll be assured of the quality of repair should you have it done by Samsung's Authorized Service Centers.

Hope this helps and that your device be fixed soonest. Stay safe. Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
Notabot_01
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

When they repair the charging port will it affect the data that is on my phone, I have important files on my phone that are for my school activities. 
Is it also possible to get a price range for the repair?

TeamGalaxyRene
Options
Galaxy A

Better do a back up of ALL of your files before heading to SC, just to be extra sure. 😊 As what I've mentioned, price quotes may depend on the location of the SC nearest you. We could book you an appointment, and the SC will be the one to give you a price quote for the diagnosis and repair. 🙂

0 Likes
Notabot_01
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

I am still unsure as to when I will be able to head to SC, but is it possible to inquire a price range at the SC in SM Cebu city? and also to what the comment below me as stated, is it possible to ask them not to reset the phone?

TeamGalaxyRene
Options
Galaxy A

Hi! Good day! You may head on to an ASC at SM City Cebu to check for a price quote, and as for your other inquiry, they may truly require your device to do a data reset, since they will replace a part, and most likely do a test with the newly installed one to ensure smooth operation of your device upon return. We do understand the hassle that you have to go through, but we can't as well compromise all your files that's why we do suggest to have them ALL backed up before having it repaired. 😊 Have an awesome week ahead. 😊

0 Likes
nopee
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
I had the same problem, they changed my charging port. Yes you need to back up your data, they will reset your phone.