Did you mean: 

Original topic:

A73 5G Date&Time

(Topic created on: 01-31-2023 08:58 PM)
airvine
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy A
My friend and I purchased the same phone A73 5G from different store. We are both experiencing the same problem. The date&time is resetting if we switch off or drained the battery of the phone. Anyone else having the same problem? 
0 Likes
11 Comments
Galaxy A
That's weird. Even if you drain the battery it should have stored power to run the clock in the background (if I'm not mistaken) - is your date and time set to automatic detection?
0 Likes
airvine
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
Yup. Normally it should be like that but with our phone, even with 100% battery it will still reset the date&time if we switch it off. It will auto update eventually after detection of network. But in areas with no network signal, we need to change it every time.
0 Likes
Galaxy A
Did you send an error report already?
0 Likes
airvine
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
yup i already did.
0 Likes
Galaxy A
my s5 gets drained most of the time but still retains the date and time, consult nearest authorized sansung service center to have it checked as well
TeamGalaxyRene
Options
Galaxy A

Hello airvine,

Sorry to hear that about your and your friend's experience with your Samsung Galaxy A73 5G having issues with clock date & time keep resetting every time it was switched off or having battery drained. With that, we apologize for the inconvenience it caused both of you.

Before you try out the recommendations below, be sure to check if your device's software and related apps are updated to the latest version. To update your mobile device's software, follow these steps:

Step 1. Go to Settings > Software update.

Step 2. Tap on Download and install.

Step 3. Follow the on-screen instructions.

Step 4. Restart your device.

Submit an error report through Samsung Members app as follows:

Step 1. Long press Samsung Members icon on Apps screen and tap Error reports.

Step 2. Tap OK on agreement popup to send system log data.

Step 3. Select Symptom category "Application".

Step 4. Describe the problem in details and SEND.

How to submit an error report on Samsung Members app? | Samsung PH

Set the time and date manually.

If you’re having trouble connecting to a network or if you simply prefer setting the time yourself, you can change the date and time manually. When you select a time zone that uses Daylight Savings (such as EST, PST, etc.), your device will automatically change the time on the appropriate date, so you don't have to worry.

Navigate to and open Settings. Tap General management, and then tap Date and time. Make sure the switches next to Automatic date and time and Automatic time zone are turned off. When the automatic setting is disabled, options for manually changing the time will appear.

You can change the following settings:

• Select time zone: Choose the appropriate region and time zone based on your location. Even though it’s set to manual, your phone will still automatically change during Daylight Savings Times, based on the zone you picked.

• Set date: Select a date from the calendar, and then tap Done.

• Set time: Change the time by swiping or typing, and then tap Done.

For more help and assistance, you may contact us on our online Samsung Customer Care support channels below.

https://samsung-livechat.sprinklr.com/seao/ph/index.html 

Or our Samsung Customer Care direct hotline numbers below.

#GALAXY or #425299 [Mobile Phones & Tablets]
    Available 24/7

1-800-10-7267864 [All Product, Toll Free, PLDT]
    1-800-8-7267864 [All Product, Toll Free, Globe]
    842 221 11 [All Product, Landline]
    Daily (8:00am to 8:00pm)

Let us know if you've found a solution by tapping "Accept as Solution" on the answer you like!

Stay safe and have a nice day ahead!

0 Likes
airvine
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
my phone was purchased with android 12 pre-installed. I already noticed the problem after few days of using the phone. I already tried to reset but still the same. I tried to update to android 13, still the same. Tried to reset, still the same. Tried to update all apps, still the same. And then tried to reset, but still the problem remains up to now. The date&time still reset even with auto update feature is ON or OFF.
0 Likes
TeamGalaxyRene
Options
Galaxy A

Hello airvine,

Please try to update the Time zone on your Google account Profile as follows:

Step 1. Go to Menu = > @ Account > Account settings > Profile.

Step 2. Click Timezone.

Step 3. Next to Select country, click the Down arrow > select a default country/region.

Step 4. Next to Select timezone, click the Down arrow > select a default time zone.

Step 5. Click Save.

0 Likes
airvine
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
I already made an ERROR REPORT and attached a video of our problem. Thank you.