Original topic:

Adding Custom Notification Sound for Messages?

(Topic created on: 08-19-2021 08:57 AM)
WarningU2
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy A

I am attempting to use my own notification sound for messages.  I've placed the small mp3 file in internal storage/notifications/messenger and rebooted the phone but the new sound is not found in the custom section when I try to assign new messages with this file.   I can see all the other mp3 files there i.e. baby giggle etc but not mine.   What am I doing wrong? 

6 Comments
Galaxy A
You have to put mp3 files in

Internal → Notifications

That should work
JorisDM
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy A

Wish everyone was this straightforward. Thanks!

Valeriya
Options
Galaxy A

Hi, If you wish to set an Audio or music file as a Message notification or ringtone, the audio file must be placed into the Notifications or Ringtone folder.

Follow the below steps to customize your Notification tones on your Samsung device.
Head into the My Files app icon My Files app

Tap on Audio

Select Music > long-press the music file to select then either tap on Move or Copy

Head back to the My File main page and select Internal storage

Select Notifications

Note: If you aren't noticing a Notification folder in your Internal Storage you can easily create one. Simply tap on the 3 dots > Create folder > name the folder Notifications.

Tap on Copy here to copy your music file into your Notifications folder

Now you will be able to set the Voice Recording as the Notification tone. Head into your Settings → Sounds and vibration.

Tap on Notification sounds

Select your Music file then tap on the back button to apply changes

The selected Audio file has now been successfully set as your Notification Sound.

Note: If you are unable to hear your Notification sounds, ensure you have set your Sound Mode has been set to Sound. You can check by heading into your Settings > Sounds and Vibrations > Sound Mode > Sound.

Sonja10
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy A

Worked perfect, thank you for this cause I had tried everything including apps

0 Likes
Members_WY70gMz
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

I have tried all the suggestions without success. 

0 Likes
WarningU2
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

Note:  The id above WY70gMz  should be WarningU2.   Seems I have a primary and secondary email associated with my account that results in different ids. 

To clarify ... I've put the mp3 file in all 3 areas and rebooted and I am still not able to select the custom notification sound for messages.     I have done the same in the past for a ringtone and it worked but messages will not

0 Likes