Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Amber Alert

(Topic created on: 07-23-2021 06:56 AM)
Harri_s95
Active Level 10
Options
Galaxy A
Hi guys Goodevening may i know how to change the wireless emergency alert sound because my anxiety that i always think that there will be have an zombie apocalypse and i don't want to turn off the wireless emergency alert because it's an emergency any tips hehehe. 💙
5 Comments
Magnaguard
Active Level 9
Galaxy A
I don't think you can. The alert is designed to catch your attention (sleeping or awake). It's baked in android itself. The high pitch sound is also designed to pierce the ANC capabilities of some headphones/buds/headsets.
Harri_s95
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
Thank you! for this kind of information Magnaguard.
SamsungRightCare
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy A

Hey there, Geust! Amazing day! As for your concern, I guess you'd rather get spooked by the alert than be shocked that you've known the emergency way too late. The EMERGENCY BROADCAST SYSTEM really is designed to ALERT citizens about emergencies that may and/or are happening, and putting some "nice ringtones" may just put you to "Meh! That's nothing.", rather than you being actually alerted. Here are some EBS tones from across the globe which rank from "HAHA" to "HUHU" real quick. Try and listen to each tone. 😉😁

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JurHmBIacR0

Harri_s95
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
Thank you! Sam
ScrappyX
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
I dont think "we" can change that... 😄
Have you heard the emergency alerts sound on iOS? It is the same but way louder and more intense... At first, I'm being terrified, but now I'm used to it.