Original topic:

Android auto wireless not working

(Topic created on: 06-16-2021 12:37 AM)
riverforest
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy A
Hi I have got a
A52 5G.seems to be Android.auto wireless not working. Any help ? Is it a defect?
11 Comments
SamsungJon
Options
Galaxy A

That's odd, @Karthickauz5. I would suggest first checking the compatibility of your car and its stereo system. You can do this by consulting your car manufacturer. I would also recommend trying some troubleshooting steps here:

- Check that your A52 5G and the Android Auto app are up to date.

- Clearing cache and data: go into Settings > Apps > Android Auto > Storage > Clear cache and data

- Check your connected cars: go into Settings > Advanced features > Android Auto > Connected cars. Please check here that your car is not on the rejected list. I would also recommend disconnecting and reconnecting.

- Restart your device.

Let us know how you go!

0 Likes
riverforest
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
It s a brand new Honda. I tried all options. I have to connect to usb
0 Likes
riverforest
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
I tried with my friends mob..it s working
0 Likes
SamsungJon
Options
Galaxy A

Thank you for that information @Karthickauz5. After disconnecting your devices completely, I would suggest re-pairing your phone and your car, and make sure Bluetooth, Wi-Fi (and mobile data), and Location Services are all turned on during your setup. 

Please also check that your USB cable recognises your A52. You can tell by if it automatically begins charging your device. 

If it still doesn't work after doublechecking all the provided troubleshooting steps, I would recommend trying to set it up in Safe Mode. This will test if there's a third party app which is interfering with how Android Auto wireless is working. To turn on Safe Mode, please follow this guide: https://www.samsung.com/au/support/mobile-devices/using-safe-mode/

Let me know how you go with this.

0 Likes
riverforest
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
Which other models supports wireless android auto
0 Likes
SamsungJon
Options
Galaxy A

Hi @Karthickauz5, all models which are on Android 10.0 or higher, as well as S8 and Note8 on Android 9.0 support Android Auto wireless. But, the compatible device must have an active data plan, 5 GHz Wi-Fi support, and the latest version of the Android Auto app. 

0 Likes
mhenawy
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

I have A52s 5G , i get error messge " Wireless phone projection is not supported"

Wireless android auto is working fine on my S8 , using same car so this confirms Car is fine

0 Likes
SamsungLaura
Options
Galaxy A

Hi @mhenawy, please check the below on your device:

• If your phone isn't charging when connected to your car using a USB cable, check that there is no dust or debris in the USB port as this can prevent data transfer.
  • Make sure that your phone and apps have been updated. 
  • Your phone connection must allow data transfers for Android Auto to function. When your device is connected using a USB cable, swipe down from the top of the screen and tap the notification from the Android system. Select the option that allows for file transfer.
0 Likes
mhenawy
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

Hi

Android auto with USB works fine but problem is when i try to use wireless i get same error wireless projection is not supported 

0 Likes