Original topic:

Auto restart

(Topic created on: 07-30-2022 12:20 AM)
SamSungtwo
Active Level 8
Options
Galaxy A
I noticed that several app remain in the same state including the clipboard after an auto restart. Can specific items be cleared like the clipboard after a auto restart ?

0 Likes
12 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

If you're using Samsung's keyboard, Start typing anything to open the keyboard. Click on the 3 dot menu far right to bring up the Clipboard (along with other options), Click on the Clipboard Icon &then you can select All ,or specific items to Remove / Delete from the Clipboard.

It's similar for SwiftKey & Gboard keyboards as well.

BTW, No idea why you would think that auto restart would clear the memory from the Clipboard....

0 Likes
Axton
Options
Galaxy A

Hi, please perform wipe cache partition.
Below are the steps to perform clear cache partition.
1.Turn off the unit.
2.Press and hold the volume up button and press and hold the on/off button.
When the Android logo is displayed, release all keys ("Installing system update" is displayed before displaying the Android system recovery menu options).
3.Press the volume down key repeatedly to highlight "wipe cache partition".
4.Press the Power key to select.
Press the Volume Down button to highlight "Yes" and press the Power button to select. When the wiping of the cache partition is completed, "Reboot System Now" is highlighted.
5.Press the Power button to reboot the unit. 

0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

Booting into Recovery and Wiping Cache would be a waste of time, it will NOT clear items saved to the Clipboard.

If they want to clear the items saved to the Clipboard, they need to access the Clipboard how I described, & then they can select one, or all of the items to be removed from the Clipboard.

Your reply & suggestion would not do anything for this.

Wish that I was paid for being wrong so often. 

SamSungtwo
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
So you are saying that it should clear all items running on the phone like browsers, clip boards and other apps?
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

He doesn't know what he's talking about tbh. 

Clearing Cache from Recovery won't do what you are asking for. 

But go ahead and try it.. Wiping Cache from Recovery will only Wipe the Device's Cache, doesn't touch the Cache from any Apps. 

If you want to check, Access the Clipboard for example, look to see what's there, but don't delete anything from the Clipboard, Then Boot into Recovery and Wipe Cache.

Go back to your Clipboard & whatever was there before, will still be there. Same with all your apps, go to any App's Storage from Settings & the App's Cache is still as it was before you Wiped Cache from Recovery.

A Factory Reset will however Wipe everything.

Moderators really SHOULD know what they are talking about. 

SamSungtwo
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
Let me clarify my question.

Should my Samsung phone clear all running apps and clear my clip board after a automatic restart is performed?
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

Let me REPEAT the answer.. With some additional clarification. 

Regardless if you Boot into Recovery, which effectively also includes the exact process of an Auto Restart / Reboot, as the device will have to Restart after Wiping Cache. 

The Clipboard is NOT Cleared & Apps that were Running before the Auto Restart, will STILL appear in Recents, although the RAM that they were using will be cleared. 

SamSungtwo
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
Can specific apps be forced to restart. Example information in the clipboard remains street a restart and I would like it cleared
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

If you're asking if you can set up Auto Restart for specific apps, the answer is no. 

Restarting Clipboard won't clear it either anyway. 

Clearing Cache & Data for Clipboard will also not clear it. 

You would have to open the Clipboard & Swipe Away what is saved there. 

0 Likes