Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Battery Estimated time improvement

(Topic created on: 07-12-2021 08:33 AM)
Jay-Sparks
Active Level 7
Options
Galaxy A
Turned off fast charging then the estimated battery life increased! 

Is the fast charging good? or bad? Please tell me if it will degrade battery life faster so that i will keep the fast charging off from my device.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Magnaguard
Active Level 9
Galaxy A
This is all still an estimation. Similar to saying it's an educated guess. If everything at the moment you took this screenshot is taken into account, then that is the estimated battery life. 15-20 minutes later after doing heavy tasks or any other processes in the background? It won't match the previous estimation.

As for fast charging? I don't have the specifics but as I recall, any form of quick charging produces excessive heat. If all I need is a quick top up of my battery for let's say 15 minutes? I turn it on. But if I go to sleep, I turn it off. If I have a long stretch to wait, like say take a bath, drink my coffee, eat my breafast and all that, I turn it on, but charge my phone while the phone itself is turned off. That has been my practice for a long time. My note 10 and S8 are all still working with satisfying battery health so much so that I was still confident enough to pass them to my parents or younger sibling. They have no battery problems whatsoever.

View solution in context

4 Comments
Solution
Magnaguard
Active Level 9
Galaxy A
This is all still an estimation. Similar to saying it's an educated guess. If everything at the moment you took this screenshot is taken into account, then that is the estimated battery life. 15-20 minutes later after doing heavy tasks or any other processes in the background? It won't match the previous estimation.

As for fast charging? I don't have the specifics but as I recall, any form of quick charging produces excessive heat. If all I need is a quick top up of my battery for let's say 15 minutes? I turn it on. But if I go to sleep, I turn it off. If I have a long stretch to wait, like say take a bath, drink my coffee, eat my breafast and all that, I turn it on, but charge my phone while the phone itself is turned off. That has been my practice for a long time. My note 10 and S8 are all still working with satisfying battery health so much so that I was still confident enough to pass them to my parents or younger sibling. They have no battery problems whatsoever.
Jay-Sparks
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
Thats good to hear! Well it really really depends on the usage. Thanks!
Galaxy A
Depende sa gamitt. Hihi! Pag nagmamadali, fast charging talaga gagamitin. Lalo na siguro yung mga gingamit sa work.
SamsungRightCare
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy A

Amazing day, Loujay! How's your recent Galaxy experience? As suggested also by your fellow member here. The stretch of battery charge will still depend on your USAGE throughout the day, and all the checks done is just an estimation, and may be based on just the "average" usage and not on usage with heavy apps, just to be fair. Still, you may do comparisons with your battery life by doing a full charge without the fast charging, then do your average tasks throughout the day....see how long will 1 charge last. Then do a full charge using fast charging, then do the same tasks throughout the day...see how long will it last as well. 😉

Hope we've helped you too! 😀 Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. 😊 Stay safe. Have an awesome week ahead.