Original topic:

being violated

(Topic created on: 04-05-2020 02:25 AM)
justme65
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy A
How do I stop emergency Alerts from coming to my phone even when I turn off the Alerts or block them 
0 Likes
12 Comments
keagan
Options
Galaxy A

Hey @ justme65 ,

Please kindly note that "Emergency alerts" are always enabled by default and this is a security alert that you are unable to turn off as it is there to keep you safe and notify you of any threats (Extreme or Severe) in the area.

Check the emergency alert settings by following the below steps
Messages >> 3 dots in the top right corner >> settings >> Emergency alert settings >> Emergency alerts

0 Likes
Galaxy A
Actually - With Samsung Messages it appears that you CAN turn Off Emergency Alerts - However you can NOT turn Off Emergency Alerts with Android Messages.
Either way - Emergency Alerts are there for a REASON - If you don't want to be disturbed at night - Turn your phone Off.

"violated"? You feel "violated"... Really? 🙄

How about a child that is taken... That IS VIOLATED.
Night_Owl
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
You can turn the settings off, but it does absolutely nothing. Under "Emergency alerts", I have everything switched off, but I still get blasted all the time.

In Canada, all alerts are Presidential alerts and cannot be blocked. The "Emergency alerts" settings do work in the United States because they don't send anything and everything as a Presidential alert.

I wish Canada followed the US system.
oooOmitoOooo
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
We are able to remove the alert. The procedure requires additional steps, but it is possible.
0 Likes
oooOmitoOooo
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
@shaggyskunk1,

The implication that you cannot own a cellphone in Canada without the government having a direct line of communication with every device which cannot be turned off. Borderline violation in principle.

peace.
0 Likes
Habsfan
Expert Level 2
Galaxy A
I don't think you can turn them off thank god, should be always on (which I believe it is)
oooOmitoOooo
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
Thank god we can.
0 Likes
Vic20
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
@Shaggyskunk1 if OP is in Ontario (not sure of other provinces) we recently got emergency Covid-19 alerts. First one reminding the importance to self isolate if returning from travel and second one reminding people to stay home (unless it's essential).

However, it was sent in English first and then French after. So rather than 2 alerts, we got 4. They still need to fix that.
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
They could have easily merged them all into one...

- Came back from a trip recently? Self-isolate yourself.
-Stay home when possible. Protect yourself and your community.
-Vous revenez de voyage? Isolez-vous.
-Restez à la maison autant que possible. Protégez-vous ainsi que votre communauté.
More info/plus d'informations:
www.[whatever ON's govt COVID site is]

There, problem solutionned. Where's my paycheck?