Original topic:

Bixby terror

(Topic created on: 07-23-2022 11:59 AM)
crazyspender
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy A
Last night Bixby hijacked my phone and would not let me do anything at all for hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and I  It started when I asked my Google help for if I could use her if I installed the Internet for Samsung in browser. Then **bleep** this robot came on my phone started speaking French at 1st and then English and then Greek and then Spanish and she took over my phone completely terrified me when I saw all my programs disappearing 1 by 1 it was terrible please get this off my phone
0 Likes
8 Comments
Axton
Options
Galaxy A

Hi, we would like to suggest you to Try Clearing Cache & Data for all of the Bixby apps / components & Reboot.
To find all of Bixby's apps, go to Settings > Apps & Toggle On "Show System Apps & Search for "Bixby" > Go into each one & Scroll down to "Storage" & Clear BOTH Cache & Data > Reboot & test.

0 Likes
crazyspender
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
Absolutely can't reboot !!! I think it's finally done. Disabled and stopped everything I was able to. Cross fingers, it's CRAZY, I was asking Google assist if I could still use the service when I switch from Chrome to Samsung internet and browser. Than BAM !! robot took over. Coincidence I think not
0 Likes
SamSungtwo
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
Did the failure to reboot occurred after performing clear cache and data?
0 Likes
Habsfan
Expert Level 2
Galaxy A
Nope5t7qzt_5488_1658671123.jpg
crazyspender
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
My response BELOW ⤵️⬇️🔻🇨🇦
0 Likes
crazyspender
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
This Absolutely happened I asked Google if I could keep the Google service when I switched over to Samsung and BAM the freaking Bixby Assist came on and And cut my Google assist right off took her voice away took her hearing away so she couldn't communicate anymore was 1st speaking English Then French then Greek then Spanish Told me on the screen I'm speaking French I'm speaking Spanish so on so on apparently what had happened is it needed an update before it would absolutely go away but it took over my phone for hours and hours no joke man it was so frustrating You know it's like not being able to just turn off your phone that Something else has command of it just trust me. I was so angry I was punching my .phone it was so bad it was really bad I felt helpless As I watched my apps disappear 1 by 1 by 1 It changed the touch tone on my phone I don't tap it twice and I don't slide and It turned everything to that It got rid of the side keys she got rid of the disabled button she put something else over it it was awful awful and then she went into my files and then just went oh no I can't even touch the phone now I can't even touch it because I'm afraid if I touch it something will disappear forever you know it was a total nightmare this hope it never happens to you and it was through my assistant app you know that little stick figure person that's on the on the Samsung phone it's through that and the Bixby voice I believe Oh it's just a nightmare if you don't believe it you can just go right on Google and say Bixby took over my phone or Bixby took my phone hostage and you'll see Hordes of people that had the same problem as me so yes it did really happen OK
0 Likes
Helenna
Options
Galaxy A

Hi crazyspender, please perform back up and factory reset your device and check if the issue is solved.

Here's are the links given below on how to back up, restore data and to perform factory reset.

https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/mobile-devices/galaxy-phone-back-up-and-restore-data/

https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/mobile-devices/galaxy-phone-perform-a-factory-reset/#:~:text=From...

0 Likes
AdornsLife
Active Level 5
Galaxy A

When my phone get's crazy like that, I switch to Maximum Power Saving Mode and turn on Flight/Airplane mode.

I then put the phone in a bottom drawer and go for a nice walk outside.

0 Likes