Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Black Screen

(Topic created on: 05-25-2022 11:24 AM)
OtakuKenz
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy A
Phone won't turn on and it only vibrates twice when volume down and power is pressed. Recovery mode won't open as well.

A technician (not from Samsung) checked the phone and said that it is a problem with the screen. But I checked with the router if my phone is connected to the WiFi (it should be if it is on and only the screen won't turn on since it auto connect), but it's not. 

It was not dropped or damaged in anyway. It suddenly turned off. At first I was able to turn it back on and was able to use a few minutes then it turned back off again and it won't turn back on. Was only using messenger at that time and phone was not warm and battery was around 80%. 

Is this really a display problem or could it be with the firmware? This happen weeks after it upgraded to Android 12. Technician quoted me 8,000 pesos for screen replacement which is really expensive and he only connected it to the charger and since it charged (charging sound and warm) he immediately said it's a screen problem.

Anyone experiencing black screen on they device? Is it really the screen?
0 Likes
16 Comments
Khaled75
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
It's the screen. Try replacing your screen.
Galaxy A
better have it checked by samsung service center
APLGaming
Active Level 5
Galaxy A
If it only vibrates and won't boot it may be the battery
OtakuKenz
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
I hope it's only the battery. And yes it only vibrates. This also happen before (around January, exactly the same symptoms) and it went back to life after I repeatedly hold the volume and power and plugged it to the charger.

That's why I'm doubting that it's the battery.
0 Likes
APLGaming
Active Level 5
Galaxy A
That also happened to my phone before(2 years ago) all i did was left it charging for a long time, and even now the phone is still working properly
EllisKai
Active Level 9
Galaxy A
can you call it? Will it activate Bixby when you press and hold the side key?
0 Likes
OtakuKenz
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
Unfortunately I can't. But the alarm does sound although the time seems off by hours 😅
Can confirm touch screen is working though since I can stop the alarm when I swipe it.
0 Likes
EllisKai
Active Level 9
Galaxy A
maybe it's just too dim. like if the extra dim feature is set to darkest. try to view it in the dark or light a torch 🔦 on the sensor.
0 Likes
OtakuKenz
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
Thanks for the suggestion. I already tried in a completely dark room and there's no light at all coming from the display. I tried putting a torch on the sensor and unfortunately still nothing 😥
0 Likes