Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Black Screen

(Topic created on: 06-05-2022 04:33 AM)
OtakuKenz
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy A
Phone won't turn on and it only vibrates twice when volume down and power is pressed. Recovery mode won't open as well.

A technician (not from Samsung) checked the phone and said that it is a problem with the screen. But I checked with the router if my phone is connected to the WiFi (it should be if it is on and only the screen won't turn on since it auto connect), but it's not. 

It was not dropped or damaged in anyway. It suddenly turned off. At first I was able to turn it back on and was able to use a few minutes then it turned back off again and it won't turn back on. Was only using messenger at that time and phone was not warm and battery was around 80%. 

Is this really a display problem or could it be with the firmware? This happen weeks after it upgraded to Android 12. Technician quoted me 8,000 pesos for screen replacement which is really expensive and he only connected it to the charger and since it charged (charging sound and warm) he immediately said it's a screen problem.

Anyone experiencing black screen on they device? Is it really the screen?
0 Likes
16 Comments
EllisKai
Active Level 9
Galaxy A
if you can swipe to cancel the alarm, can you swipe to brighten the screen?
I think I look dumb aha..
0 Likes
EllisKai
Active Level 9
Galaxy A
were you able to switch it off? like are you sure it's off before trying recovery mode?

can you ask Bixby to turn your phone off?
0 Likes
OtakuKenz
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
I tried to swip it following the ui in my A73 to increase the brightness but nothing shows up 😅. Google assistant also don't respond (I did not setup bixby on this phone).

Also, I tried entering recovery mode but it's not working. It only vibrates and nothing shows up.

As a last option I'm letting the alarm sound until the battery runs out hoping that'll get rid of the glitch 🤣
0 Likes
lamamandelax
Active Level 1
Galaxy A

Came here for this. Were you able to get it fixed? This happened days after the One UI update. Because I highly doubt as well that it's the screen or the battery. 1 week ago I got a black screen and did all the easy fixes I found on the web. It worked after 2 days. Then after a week, black screen again. This is so frustrating. I never dropped it or was it wet. My battery is perfectly working. Find My Mobile can ring, detect wifi network and battery still. I was even able to remotely do a back up. Batt is still at 56%. Alarms keep on ringing as well. 

0 Likes
OtakuKenz
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
Sadly screen still won't work 😞
I also can't get it to enter recover mode till now.
0 Likes
SamsungRightCare
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy A

Hi, OtakuKenz!

I'm really sorry to hear this. Have you tried going to one of our Authorized Samsung Service Centers? Our Samsung technicians might help you more on this matter. Just tell them how this issue began and the troubleshooting steps you did. You can find the nearest Samsung Service Center in your area through this link: https://www.samsung.com/ph/support/service-center/?msclkid=72d47e20cf8411ec8ac1394658c823b0

0 Likes
OtakuKenz
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
Not yet. I tried going to the service center at ayala cebu which the chat support referred me to go to. But when I got there the store told me that they no longer have a service center at that place and it had been moved. Seems information the chat support have is outdated unfortunately.

But will try to go to the other service center to have this checked if I have time.
0 Likes