Original topic:

Built-in App Lock Request (?)

(Topic created on: 01-14-2022 01:30 AM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy A
Just Venting

I really DO NOT UNDERSTAND why App lock is not available anymore. If ever there would be such feature it'll be locked behind certain country specific codes (CSC) — region locked, just like any other feature like call recording which is frustrating.

Hope Samsung would just make some region specific features globally available. Like being able to switch CSC on the fly and call recording. It's not like it's gonna violate laws and stuff. Features like Samsung pay locked behind certain regions are understandable just like even Google Pay don't have the support. 

Back then I had to root my phone and do major csc tweaks just to have some features working. It's really a tedious work and it's really up to you(as a user) if giving up KNOX (Pass, Pay, Health etc etc) is worth it or not. Thing is it is not (been rooting all my phones back then). As most features should just be available at your disposal but no they don't give it to you because PH CSC (XTC) don't have enough USEFUL features.

I just want App Lock and Mask App from S secure too bad I don't really understand they have to remove it (either that or it is region locked I don't know anymore)

Sorry for the long rant. Idk I'm just dissappointed 

5 Comments
Matt52Playz
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
100% true for a short time we can just wish that samsung hear us, even on other forums this problem exists so idk why samsung is doing this to us, but i wish samsung will fix this thing
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy A
Few people could only relate and find this important, those people who already have used the feature and those who are in need of the feature because unfortunately it's been unavailable to most of the users.

I really do hope so they would address this issue. If they could keep adding nonsense stuff like bixby — no offense but google assistant is far way beyond better — why would they not make the ones that's a necessity available for everybody? I can't help but wonder.
Unknoẅn_useř
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
I think samsung thinks Secure Folder is enough to lock the apps and files, but I find it a hassle cause everytime I open an app in Secure Folder then press home, it fully closes and I need to enter Secure Folder again and open the app 😅 so I stop using it
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy A
Yeah. It's very inconvenient to use it on apps of regular use unless it's something you're very very sensitive about.

Talk about regression, what's even sadder is that how they STOP supporting backing up your SECURE FOLDER data. It's too bad... Most are not happy with it if not all.
0 Likes
Matt52Playz
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
Yeahhh truee that why i just disabled bixby, i just dont use it even google assistant i rarely use it, so i dont need 2 assistant running in the bg, samsung msks those things but making the S Secure available worldwide is so hard?
0 Likes