Original topic:

Call Recording

(Topic created on: 05-23-2020 10:15 AM)
BJVJ
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy A
My call Recording app not working after my A50 updation 10 days before. Any solution available pls
0 Likes
12 Comments
Galaxy A
Have you uninstalled/reinstalled the call recording app? What app are you using?
0 Likes
BJVJ
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
ACR was working perfectly, now also its recording but no sounds. downloaded another program, same problem no sound, no error message also. It happened after A50 software update 2 weeks back.
0 Likes
Galaxy A
Most call recording apps from the Play Store - Don't work properly... AND be careful - Some of them are full of malware / spyware ⚠️
Native Call Recording isn't available in Canada because of Privacy issues.
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
But it's perfectly legal: https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/c-46/section-184.html

However, it seems Q introduced further call recording restrictions.
0 Likes
Galaxy A
I've been using Call Recorder from the Play Store and it works perfectly, records both ends of the conversation and clearly.
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Galaxy A

Hi CHMultimedia, Sorry for the delay.

As I said to h0h0h0, APIs which enable call recording are being slowly deprecated and removed since several Android versions, to ensure user privacy and security, and also because call recording laws are so varied across regions that it becomes difficult to map all of it out.

0 Likes
h0h0h0
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
too funny
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Galaxy A
Hey BJVJ,
Please note that due to privacy issues, the call recording feature is not available. However, Samsung doesn't recommend the third party app due to security reasons.
0 Likes
h0h0h0
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
in anada it's legal,its called the one party law
0 Likes