Original topic:

Camera Light Sensor draining battery

(Topic created on: 07-14-2021 10:10 AM)
grahcom
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy A

Galaxy A31 phones.   Ongoing problem seems to have got worse, the with Camera Light Sensor draining the battery far more than any other app..     It used to be that turning off the Always on Display stopped this but appears thats no longer the case since the update in June to Android 11..    We have 2 of these phones and both have the same problem, even with little usage battry barely last 24hrs....    Samsung how can YOU fix this?? 

5 Comments
SamsungJon
Options
Galaxy A

Hi @grahcom, sorry to hear that you're having this issue. This may be due to adaptive brightness, which keeps the Camera Light Sensor on in the background. I would recommend turning off adaptive brightness. To do this, go into Settings > Display > toggle off adaptive brightness

I would also suggest clearing cache and data of the Camera Light Sensor and see if this assists. To do this, go to Settings > Apps > > toggle on Show system apps next to 'your apps' > go to Camera Light Sensor > Storage > tap on Clear cache and clear data

Let us know if this assists with the issue.

0 Likes
grahcom
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

Your suggestion 1 has been tried and used to work befor updated  in June to Android 11..  and now no longer seems to work.... it's also not a good workaround as one has to manually keep changing display brightness to suit conditions.

I'll try your fix no 2... and see how that goes.  

cheers

sev7en
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
Hello about the tip1, what do you mean as doesn't work anymore? You are unable to disable it or also if disabled you don't see any benefit? Can please post a screenshot of the battery usage?
0 Likes
grahcom
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

Tip 1 yes I can disable it but it is no good as you have to keep maunally changing display brightness.   Tip 2 I tried many times...  Previously Camera LightSensor was always up the top of usage...  But after latest software update Camera LightSensor no longer showing in the Battery usage...  but battery is not lasting any longer...   here is screenshot  BEFORE update

grahcom_6-1628724519030.png

AFTER update no CameraLightSensor use showing  -  I suspect they have just hidden the useage...   

grahcom_7-1628724625379.png

0 Likes
SamsungJon
Options
Galaxy A

Hi @grahcom, sorry to hear that you're still experiencing this issue with your battery. I would recommend sending an error report via our Samsung Members app so that our team can take a look at if there's an issue with your A31 specifically. To send an error report, please see the guide here: https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/tips-tricks/sending-error-reports/td-p/9617204

Let me know if you have any further questions. 

0 Likes