Original topic:

Camera telephone permissions

(Topic created on: 06-20-2021 07:38 PM)
SamSungtwo
Active Level 8
Options
Galaxy A
Why does the camera permissions allow telephone ? This permission cannot be removed. 

17 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

You seem to be complaining that you can't remove permissions.

"why can't I change the permissions to allow this function?"

"Why can I remove the permission for file and media. This prevents the camera from functioning as you cannot save any information. The telephone permission cannot be removed". 

I'm telling you that you can. 

SamSungtwo
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
Her is a screen shot. The option to disable telephone permission on the camera app is grayed out and cannot be denied. Screenshot_20210620-155727_Permission controller.jpg
0 Likes
Georgine
Options
Galaxy A

Hi, Kindly be informed that the Camera app now requires phone permission to provide a better service experience. Please understand that permission is needed to verify the unique device identifier for the Together feature and is not used for other purposes. Phone permission of the Camera app is not asking for an actual phone call or not browsing call history.

The camera app delivers the service based on Samsung Account and now requires 2 step verification to beef up the security of the Samsung Account. The verification process will complete to enter ID and Password, login, add phone numbers, receive and enter the code. Please understand that the Camera app works properly after finishing the process.

0 Likes
SamSungtwo
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
Google employees permissions to allow the user to disable or enble permission as the user decides. If I don't want the camera permission to have access to the telephone on should be able to deny this permission, I cannot. Why?
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
The Together feature? That is from S Health! The Camera app does not access any feature requiring 2FA or a Samsung Account, it does not even work with the Customization service. That's very strange.
SamSungtwo
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
Can you provide an example of what would occur v without the telephone permission?
0 Likes
SamSungtwo
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
How about an example of how the camera app is using v the telephone mobile data?Screenshot_20210705-001404_Settings.jpg
0 Likes
SamSungtwo
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
Here is what the permission phone allows the camera app to do.
Screenshot_20210710-034340_Brave.jpg
0 Likes