Original topic:

Can Samsung PLEASE stop putting up lazy, unwelcome & wholly arbitrary updates???

(Topic created on: 06-29-2021 09:28 AM)
MyImpressedFace
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy A
I now no longer have a notepad.
I lost ALL my information on it.
AGAIN (1st time was switching to new device).
It also seems the Samsung Store no longer carries the Samsung Notes app.
Further adding to my joy, the backup I just did (including apps) COMPLETELY failed to apparently backup OR restore Notes...so after uninstalling its all just...GONE.

Passwords, info, y'know...ALL my notes for things I NEEDED written down & thought were secure, hence why I even USED the app.

All gone.

At least I didnt take Samsungs advice & only uninstalled the 1 app after backing up, rather than their prescribed factory reset (which is apparently easier & more reasonable to do EVERY time they update rather than to expect them to just make an update that ISN'T a live grenade).

So we are going Fred Flintstone with pen & paper/ONLY making digital notes on PCs w opts to copy direct to drives, screw apps.

Too unreliable. Too restricted. Too "burned me already".

THANKS for yet another EXCELLENT update I just simply could NOT have lived without, guys. Next time why don't you just come by & burn the house to the ground?!? It'd REALLY help~

(PS atop that my phone is running hot enough to fry an egg nonstop since update too, so that MAY be possible still, dare to dream - yayyyyyy).

TIPS:
Fire your update staff for being incompetent A-holes.

ONLY update when ACTUALLY necessary (literally only just had one before this last one that RUINED my schnikt).

Make updates that DONT destroy YOUR OWN APPS. A quick 5 minutes looking into the topic (which I did after all Hell broke loose) will show this is NOT a new nor isolated issue. As I said: LAZY.

Make backups that, I dunno, ACTUALLY BACK UP.

Give advice that ACTUALLY works & isnt completely stupid. Also helps if I can FIND it again, since reply showed up in notifications w a gmail sticker...but just guess what is NOT in my gmail. Like, ANYWHERE (I know as I searched extensively)???

If at all possible, try not to convert peoples devices into thermonuclear energy plants with how hot they run after one of your godaweful, useless updates.

& finally/MOST important of all: commit seppuku for what you just did to me, my notes & my device.
7 Comments
jokkir
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
The Samsung Notes app can be found here:
https://apps.samsung.com/appquery/appDetail.as?appId=com.samsung.android.app.notes&cId=000005604489

Btw, you shouldn't write passwords down on Notes as it's insecure. Use an app like 1Password or Bitwarden (I personally use Bitwarden) to do your password management for you.
Georgine
Options
Galaxy A

Hi, What is the model number and android version on the device?

0 Likes
Galaxy A
@Georgine its a Samsung A2 I just bought cpl months ago/brand new

My old J3 was better TBH/I hate this phone
0 Likes
Galaxy A
@Jokkir well they're pretty secure now...even I can't get into them since they no longer exist.

I think I'm good on the app, as is an ongoing issue I see MANY others also experienced but Samsung cant be F*d to bother fixing

...not into backing up/resetting whenever they want to update (w is the prescribed fix that was found by somebody who ISNT EVEN a Samsung employee [RedDog or something I saw credited somewhere], they care so little)

I just wont use apps. Good riddance.

Thanks forbthe link tho/appreciate it.

It was a great app TBH...I just cant have it breaking all the time simply because Samsung cant be bothered to sort it out/update properly.
0 Likes
Galaxy A
@Jokkir

It also seems the backup option (including the bit with "APPS" specifically in a selectable category) does NOT backup Samsung Notes (y'know, THEIR "APP") & you instead need to back THAT app up via OneDrive or it just doesnt seem to work/fails to back notes up anyway.

...which is just...an UTTER marvel of digital ease & engineering & altogether wonderful in how stupid & useless that entire affair actually is...

Yeah, done with apps.

Maybe I'll come back when the neurons have begun firing again over there at Sammy HQ~
0 Likes
RobertZ
Active Level 9
Galaxy A
Dump Samsung Notes and use Google Keep.
0 Likes
MAP
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
I always use Keep from google, will be able to have my notes even if I lose my phone, it's backed up in my cloud from google.
0 Likes