Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Can you adapt BlackBerry charger to use with A50?

(Topic created on: 10-30-2020 10:53 AM)
SungSamA50
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy A
Hello members,

I'd like to have a spare charger for my Samsung Galaxy A50. Can I use my old micro-USB BlackBerry chargers with an USB-C adapter?

Thanks.
12 Comments
Solution
keagan
Options
Galaxy A

Hi SungSamA50, It is always recommended to use the original accessories that came with your phone to avoid any issues. 

SungSamA50
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
Hi keagan, A new $40 Samsung charger is more than I would like to spend. It's impossible to repurpose my BlackBerry chargers using an adapter then.🙁 Are there other inexpensive power sources you can suggest?
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Galaxy A

Hi SungSamA50, We do not have tested information with the third party accessories so it might cause the misbehaviour of the device. You could verify with the SamsungCanadaparts.com to purchase the original Samsung chargers.

SungSamA50
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
Thanks for the info.🙂
0 Likes
Solution
MystTake
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
Go on Amazon and get a charger from anker. Cheap and safe.
SungSamA50
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
Hi MystTake. Thanks for info.🙂
0 Likes
Solution
oooOmitoOooo
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
it will charge, though at a slower rate due to the resistance introduced with extra connector. Android will keep notifying you the you should be using original parts blah blah blah. Ignore.

I use aida64 to monitor charge rate.

SmartSelect_20201031-142127_AIDA64_12413.jpg
SungSamA50
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
Hi, oooOmitoOooo. Can you tell me if it's possible to use my 2 BlackBerry wall plugs if I swap with USB-C cables? That's all I need to know, really. Thanks.🙂20201031_152938_4338.jpg
0 Likes
Solution
oooOmitoOooo
Active Level 10
Galaxy A

@SungSamA50,

Do you mean use usb-c cable with the blackberry adapter?

yes, it´ll work, though the charge rate will be very low due to the not so powerful adapter.