Original topic:

Canada community

(Topic created on: 04-17-2020 06:08 PM)
Kinan04
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy A

I'm trying to switch from the panama community to the Canada community inside my Members app but it's not working. What do I do?

0 Likes
11 Comments
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
You have to flash Canada firmware, as Samsung Members (among other features) are based on your firmware's CSC. Seems you have a Galaxy A-series phone. Thankfully, they have the same hardware worldwide so flashing is riskless. What Galaxy A phone do you have? You may only do this on devices which are available in Canada, so if you have a Galaxy A80 for example, this is not possible
Kinan04
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
I have a Galaxy A51, which is available in Canada but the hardware in the Canadian version is different. I don't think I can flash the Canadian software because of that
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
That's untrue. The hardware is the same, except for the A51 5G
0 Likes
Kinan04
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
I'm pretty sure the the canadian model only has 64gb of storage and 4gb or ram, while the international models have multiple configurations, and mine is a different configuration too
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
The storage and memory configurations are irrelevant for software compatibility
0 Likes
Kinan04
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
oh ok, sorry I'm not familiar with this stuff. So, if I flash a canadian software on my phone it won't hard brick it? And will the CSC change to the canadian one?
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
1- No, it won't, and
2- Yes, it will.
Anyway, you don't need to do that anymore, as the S Members community is now determined by your SIM/WiFi IP for tablets. Just insert a Canadian SIM, make sure you have the latest version of S Members installed and it should change automatically
0 Likes
Kinan04
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
yep already changed, but there's other apps that might be affected by this like Pay apps or the Galaxy store right?
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
Yes but you're not missing much