Original topic:

Couple of Questions about A03S

(Topic created on: 12-01-2021 06:16 AM)
makhan10
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy A

Hi

This is my first post about A03s, that I bought yesterday.

1) Lock Screen Timeout after 10 seconds, i change the Auto Lock Screen timeout setting to 2 minutes, but it does not work that is it still timeout after 10 sec.

2) I want to create 2 contact shortcut on home screen, but i couldnt find any option for it

3) My Mobile Data can be turned on even when the phone is locked. i want to change that settings.

THnx a Lot in advance

0 Likes
10 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

I think that probably you only changed the "screen off" timeout, I don't see any settings for the lock screen timeout?

Don't know if it's possible if you are using Samsung's Launcher to create a contact shortcut on the home screen, but it is possible with Nova Launcher.

Where are you seeing that mobile data can be turned on when the screen is locked?

Don't see that on my S20 Ultra. 

0 Likes
Galaxy A
For#1, go to Settings → Display → Screen time out, change to 2 minutes.
I think The Lock Screen Timeout you set is " Auto lock when screen turn off".

For # 2, you can long press on homescreen → Widget → Contacts

Choose your contacts and shortcut will create.
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

Yup 👍

Screenshot_20211201_101119.jpg

0 Likes
makhan10
Active Level 1
Galaxy A

No 1 still same problem. 

No2 done

Tallman and everybody else thanks a lot for your kind help

0 Likes
Valeriya
Options
Galaxy A

Hi makhan10, I suggest you try the suggestions provided by Tallman. Thank you for the response, Tallman.

Are you trying to say that you don't want to turn OFF/ON mobile data from the notification panel when the screen is locked?

0 Likes
makhan10
Active Level 1
Galaxy A

Are you trying to say that you don't want to turn OFF/ON mobile data from the notification panel when the screen is locked?

Yes I do not want Mobile Data to be ON/OFF when screen is locked

One more problem

i have more than 900 contacts, out of which 209 are moved to recycle bin without my permission, i restored them but they are moved to recycle bin again without my permission 

EDIT

maybe these are duplicate contacts

0 Likes
Georgine
Options
Galaxy A

Hi makhan10,

1. There is no option to change those Mobile data settings.

2. Please delete any duplicate contacts and perform clear cache for contacts app then check if contacts still move to recycle bin.

0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

I think that, the only possible way to prevent someone from enabling Mobile Data from the Lockscreen would be if you are able to remove the QS Tile for Mobile Data.

To do this pull down the Notification Panel all the way down & then Click on 3 dot menu top right & then click on "edit buttons" & drag the Mobile Data Toggle up to the "inactive" toggles. 

That would mean that you would have to go to Settings > Connections whenever you want to Enable Mobile Data

3 December 2021 131430 GMT-0500.jpg

3 December 2021 131436 GMT-0500.jpg

makhan10
Active Level 1
Galaxy A

Thanks everybody for your kind help