Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Data Saver/Ultra Data Saving Mode

(Topic created on: 06-07-2021 05:59 PM)
marianenen20
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy A
I have an 8 days old A12 and I got charged 15 pesos the last time I turned on my mobile data even when I have 6GB mobile data. I only have one sim card. I searched for features that might help me prevent this from happening again then I came across data saver and ultra data saving mode but I'm not sure if I understood it correctly. Please help.

1. Is data saver for both WiFi and mobile data? 
2. When I turned on data saver while using WiFi, my phone does not send me notifications or even just the notification sound when I receive messages from my applications like Messenger. Is it normal for it to be like that? 
3. I haven't tried yet but will Ultra Data Saving Mode not allow apps to connect to the internet while I'm using mobile data if they're not on the list of exceptions or exempted apps? 
4. Is it okay if I always turn on data saver AND ultra data saving mode always even while I'm using WiFi? What are its implications?
5. What's a simpler way to explain these two features? 

Sorry for asking so many questions. The last Samsung phone I had was a Note 2 and I think it didn't have these features or I never knew if it actually had it. I always get charged for accidentally turning my mobile data on when I only have regular load.
3 Comments
Solution
Galaxy A
I believe you got charged P15 because you went to a website or accessed an app that is not included on your 6GB mobile data service.

1. I believe it is for both but again it has a greater impact on data as usually wifi service can be at home or somewhere else. As compared to data which you personally spend directly.
2. Yes, as it reduces data consumption by not allowing background apps to connect to the internet.
3. Alright, you just stated already the purpose.
4. Yeah, nothing wrong with that if you really want to conserve your data plan.
5. Actually you just explained it yourself on no. 3 so you just need to choose what feature do you really need. That will align on yoir budget.
marianenen20
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
Thank you for this response. So I actually understood what it was for correctly. As for the 15 pesos charge, it will remain a mystery because the 6GB mobile data that I had at that time was for any site, there were no restrictions. Smart's All Data subscription. 😊
TeamGalaxyEvflor
Options
Galaxy A

Amazing day Marian! Jan here, Samsung moderator. Thank you for sharing your concern here  in the Samsung members community. As I can see, one of our members answered your queries and to simply explain the Ultra Data Saving Mode feature, it simply minimizes all the data usage of your device and limits it to the ones you permitted. It also lengthens the standby time of your battery as it prevents all the background running apps from consuming data. Hope this helps you! Thanks and have a good day!