Original topic:

data

(Topic created on: 02-23-2020 07:40 AM)
jillimartini
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy A
Ok, me again. I'm struggling  with this phone. I'm not using it to its capacity,  not remotely  and I'm fumbling around  and lost half the time . So last night I find myself unwillingly thrown into a high pressure  role of playing DJ at a party full of rowdy 40 yrs old . I have spotify and they had requests( of course they did )I was madly trying to turn on data for spotify so I could download  new playlists for these impatient  mofos. But I couldn't find it in settings. My spotify  was offline in yet I can access anything  else when there's no wifi. So on the iPhone I remember going to connections  settings, cellular  and then selecting  which apps I wanted to have access to data. I couldn't find the equivalent in settings. There is just data roaming on or off, and network selection. Nothing  specific to the apps. I ended up using a hotspot from some girls phone and using her data, until i could get the hell out of there..

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Galaxy A
You were looking into wrong location. The Data setting is in Settings→ Connections→ Data usage→ Mobile Data. The On/ Off switch is there. If your phone already upgrade to Andriod10, you can turn on your Data from quick menu icon.

View solution in context

9 Comments
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
It's impossible on Android to have such granular settings for mobile data unfortunately. You can only restrict background data usage on a per-app basis. Otherwise you must have mobile data enabled to all apps
0 Likes
Solution
Galaxy A
You were looking into wrong location. The Data setting is in Settings→ Connections→ Data usage→ Mobile Data. The On/ Off switch is there. If your phone already upgrade to Andriod10, you can turn on your Data from quick menu icon.
jillimartini
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
I was trying to ensure that I had enabled mobile data but these are my only options. and obviously mobile data is enabled since I'm able to access data when there's no wifi.
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
Go to Data Usage for this
jillimartini
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
in data usage?
0 Likes
Galaxy A
Click on Data Usage.
0 Likes
jillimartini
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
ok got it, thanks guys
Galaxy A
I posted something very similar to this, I suggested that like iPhone, we would be able to enable or disable data for each independent app while using it, not in the background. Right now, it isn't possible and you can only turn off your entire mobile data for your phone, not for each respective app
mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy A
When people get impatient for music, I goto youtube 🤷‍♂️
0 Likes