Original topic:

Disappointed Customer

(Topic created on: 06-11-2020 07:35 AM)
mike8606
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy A
As I sit and wait for Rogers/Fido to update the A70 to android 10l, I'll say this is my first and last Samsung phone. strictly on the principle, that the a50 a lower end phone than the a70 is on monthly updates and already has android 10, where as my fido a70 is still on android 9 with a December 2019 security update. Samsung should be ashamed of themselves for treating customers who spent more for their phones like second class citizens . it is sad because I really do like the phone...
0 Likes
32 Comments
mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy A
I understand your plight, but is there something you need or want in these updates your not getting?
If not, who cares 🤪
0 Likes
mike8606
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
well a current security update would be nice since it currently has a December 2019 update, which even by Samsung quarterly update standards, is lacking. it's as though their ignoring this model
0 Likes
mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy A
Yoooooo I get it,
it's like w t f 🤦 somebody dragging their heels 🙃😣
but still...
Is there something specific in that security update you need?
0 Likes
mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy A
Ps I still have a note 4 that I do everything on, with no updates for years and it seems perfectly fine unless someone knows something I don't 🤷
mike8606
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
not the point, you pay good money for a phone , and cheaper phones get updated more often and faster, doesn't say much for how samsung respects their customers
0 Likes
mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy A
I get it! I'm a customer too!!
But still...
Is there something specific you need though 🤷
Otherwise I wouldn't worry ✌️
And personally, although the alternative of uknow who (apple) doesn't have the openness of an android, I'd rather less updates with more rewards, personally 🙃
Galaxy A
@mytech

Yeah, people addictive to updates now. I prefer no frequent updates, include security updates.

Like recently, iOS having lots of security updates on 13.5.0, within few weeks, they have another 13.5.1 issue out and users still complaining a lot of problems.

Less update means good security and phone running good. More updates means more fixes due to more problems discovered. Also, some updates causing slow device performance and drain battery. Always need to wipe cache partitions and clear data clear cache for apps after each updates. I prefer less update like what mytech said.
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
iOS doesn't have a monthly patch system though
mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy A
Agreed @Tallman less updates = less mistakes f f s 🤦
If it's Not broke, don't to try fix it !
But...
As far as android updates, it should be known by now....
With android...
Before updating its best to backup with smartswitch and factory reset, then update (except just security updates, they seem to work ok without backup)
But still should always have copies of everything you need 🤷
On top of that if anyone has android issues, they need to do the clear cache/data, with IOS you don't need to chew that apple 🤪🤙