Original topic:

Display Name Review - Galaxy Store

(Topic created on: 08-10-2022 10:36 AM)
jprock
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy A
Hello Everyone,

Does someone here aware with the display name appearing when you're about to post a review? It is showing my email address (username) before the "@" sign.

It doesn't follow the format - 4 characters of username with 2 asterisks. Why? Is it because I am viewing my own review so it is unmasked? 

Can we change the display name? Kinda weird coz I'm not able to see some options to do it.

Can the nickname be selected instead? 

Regards,

0 Likes
4 Comments
Options
Galaxy A

Hello jprock,

Samsung care and we are here to help.

Your Samsung Account login will be the default user name when you browse and logon to Samsung Galaxy Store. You can edit your e-mail details , through your Samsung account only, if you wish to do so. Another option is to use a different email address, when browsing Samsung Galaxy Store and other websites.

Also take note that Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., only acts as a brokerage-only content sold by third-parties. Therefore, third-party sellers are solely responsible for the content they have registered and any relevant information.

For further assistance, you may click the below e-mail link.

Help center:help.content.samsung.com

0 Likes
jprock
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy A
Hello, the link is not working. Anyway, it does mean, we cannot really change the display name whatever we want to or atleast initials based on our name provided on the profile. My question hasn't been answered. Is it because I'm viewing it on my phone, the reason it is unmasked? It should hide a portion of my username and not showing it all publicly.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy A

Hello jprock,

You have the option to edit your profile in Samsung account by following below:

• Edit profile: You can edit your account information. To protect personal information, enter Edit profile and then Sign-in Method is set to Profile image selection and password entry (High security). Also, if you want to log into your account automatically, click Stay Signed In

How to use and manage Samsung account | Samsung PH

https://www.samsung.com/ph/support/tv-audio-video/how-to-use-and-manage-samsung-account/ 

0 Likes
jprock
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy A
Hi, your recommendation doesn't meet my expectation. It's like you want me to edit the entire account information. Anyway, all I'm asking, if hiding the portion of my username is possible on the review page and not unmasking it all publicly. Hope this is understood.
0 Likes