Original topic:

Display screen always lit A70

(Topic created on: 05-27-2021 02:52 PM)
lg601
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy A
For the past few days my phone screen is always lit, I have to turn it off or if its on the charger the screen is fine. The minute I unplug the charger its on all the time. I've cleared my cache, reboot  none of that works

0 Likes
7 Comments
Galaxy A
I'd worry the phone was looking at me..
0 Likes
Valeriya
Options
Galaxy A

Hi, I suggest you please reboot your device in safe mode and check if you are experiencing the issue. If you are not experiencing any issues in safe mode, then the issue could be due to any third-party application you installed recently.

To do this, you need to completely power off the phone. Then, power on the phone, and when the Samsung logo appears, press and hold down the Volume Down key. If done correctly, "Safe Mode" will display on the bottom left corner of the screen.

lg601
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
Tried it, no luck at all
0 Likes
Valeriya
Options
Galaxy A

Hi, You can set the touchscreen to turn off automatically when you are not using it. Launch the Settings app, tap Display → Screen timeout, and then select the length of time you want the device to wait before turning off the touchscreen.

0 Likes
lg601
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
Still no luck
0 Likes
Georgine
Options
Galaxy A

Hi, We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. you need to perform the factory data reset to solve the issue. The factory data reset of the phone will erase all data. Make sure to back up your phone data by Smart Switch before hard reset, as it will erase all data. You may not be able to save the data if the screen is locked. Also delete all registered Google / Samsung accounts from the phone under Settings. Smart switch transfers personal data as well as (contacts, timetables, memories, messages and call history) and photos, videos, alarms, favorites. Preferences: You cannot transfer settings or data from the downloaded applications. Procedure: 1. Download the Smart switch to the computer. Install it and restart the computer. 2. Open the Smart switch. Connect your phone with the computer via a USB cable. 3. You can see the 'Save' option. Here is the smart switch link: https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/mobile-devices/samsung-galaxy-smartphone-how-to-back-up-your-devi... Please follow the Factory data reset steps on your device. Go to settings>>Global management>>Reset settings>>Factory data reset>>Reset. You have to follow the on-screen instructions to complete the reset process.

0 Likes
Samsung_Ben
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy A

Hi @Ig601, 

As it seems that changing the screen timeout did not work, I would also advice you to ensure that the "Always on display (AOD)" is turned off.

Go to settings -> lock screen -> make sure the status for AOD is off. 

Cheers,

Samsung_Ben

0 Likes