Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Do you experience wifi issues?

(Topic created on: 08-09-2022 09:02 AM)
MikeDaveYap
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy A
Im experiencing wifi drop outs on my Galaxy A73 "connected without internet" even if the signal is very high or near the router. The latest router has this annoying dropouts (exclamation point on wifi signal) and on an older router, its the same but no internet at all

I have made the following but nothing works
- reset device network settings
- reset wifi router
- on and off airplane mode
- turn off gps
- recovery mode (wipe cache) after a firmware update
- soft reset the device
- forget and reconnect again 
- dchp to static and vice versa
And so many more guides I can find online

Mobile data, bluetooth, nfc, hotspot works perfectly fine. Its just the wifi im running into problems
My older Galaxy J7 Pro works well, A10s, A01 core and A20 all works fine with the wifi connection. This brand new A73 is running into this problem

???Questions???
- Is this an issue with Android 12 OneUI 4.1? If so, then im hoping for a firmware update to fix this issue.
- Is this a hardware issue that needs to be taken for warranty service?
- Are you experiecing the same on the latest or older phones of samsung other than the A73?

Thanks to those who can give answers including the support team as well! 
0 Likes
11 Comments
TeamGalaxyDD
Options
Galaxy A

Looks like you did the proper diagnostics already, and still haven't found the issue. I suggest you bring it to a Samsung Experience Store near you: https://www.samsung.com/ph/storelocator/

0 Likes
PUFFY_AmiYumi
Active Level 9
Galaxy A
I experience on my A51 but restarting ur router is the way to fix the problem
MikeDaveYap
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
Thanks for the suggestion. I have fixed the problem and cleaned the router and now its working like new
0 Likes
izi_ser
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

hi, i am having the same problem with wifi connection. It connects fine the first time I connect. after a while it says "connected without internet" and switches to mobile network. When I turn the wireless network off and on, it connects again, and after a while, the same thing happens. but this happens on all the networks I connect to. The problem is not just the modem in my house.

0 Likes
JohannPool
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

Hi,

I am experiencing the same and have also done all of the above, but still persist, hoping for an update to resolve this.

following for updates on this issue.

regards,

0 Likes
JohannPool
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

Hi,

I am experiencing the same and have also done all of the above, but still persist, hoping for an update to resolve this.

following for updates on this issue.

regards,

0 Likes
SamsungRightCare
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy A

Hello JohannPool,

We are here to help. You may want to check first the network signal strength through the steps below:

Settings > More > Battery > Tab the graph > Mobile network signal 

ㆍ Red: No signal    ㆍYellow: 2G      ㆍGreen: 3G, 4G 

The red bar indicates a very weak network signal. Therefore, the user might experience no Internet performance.

The yellow bar indicates that voice activity will be okay but that data connection might be slow.

Signal strength allows you to check how strong or weak the signal is. In the image below, the signal strength is shown as a measurement in dBm. However, the numbers will be shown as negative values. So –61dBm will be a stronger signal than, for example, –93dBm.

Settings > (More) > About device > Status > Signal strength

Meanwhile, you can call the network provider regarding the status of coverage in  your area.

Hope it helps you out!

0 Likes
Solution
MikeDaveYap
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
For all the queries related to my post. The simpliest issue I have is that my router is 8 years old and bought a newer wifi router that supports the latest standards today for wifi and everything is now working fine
sepehralibakhshi
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy A

Hello, I have exactly the same problem, may I ask what is the model of the new router you bought?

0 Likes