Original topic:

Emergency dial

(Topic created on: 01-21-2023 10:07 AM)
yazidrus
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy A
Hi there all, it's been several times I am accidentally dialed into emergency no. when the device is in my pocket. The problem is the default emergency button most of the time visible when the screen touched by fabric and ready to be activated even during the phone locked.
Imagine, suddenly I heard, "selamat pagi encik, apa yang saya boleh dibantu?". At sometime, I am have to apologize to the officer in charge that the call was accidentally dialled even from the pocket. The emergency button should be disable or enabled at users option. 
0 Likes
6 Comments
scinex
Expert Level 4
Galaxy A
It's a bit weird actually as normally fabric doesn't give any response to touch screen. I never actually encountered this issue but yea, I always make sure the display is turned off when I put the phone in my pocket.
In your case, is the display off as well when it's securely in your pant?
yazidrus
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
the screen is off before I put it into the pocket, the locked screen is protected with pin and others, well it won't open to the home screen but the dial screen will lit up and there is emergency button that easily to be triggered.
0 Likes
scinex
Expert Level 4
Galaxy A
I've tried waking up the screen using nothing but part of my shirt to simulate fabric touch and as predicted, the display is not turning on at all.
Anyways, you could enable 'accidental touch protection' to reduce or hopefully eliminate the issue.
Screenshot_20230121_115726_Settings_1000021468_1674273446.jpg
0 Likes
yazidrus
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
accident touch already feature activated from the beginning.
0 Likes
scinex
Expert Level 4
Galaxy A
Probably next step is for you to try cleaning the display using display cleaner/ alcohol swab.
It's to ensure no 'ghost touch' due to dirty display. Btw, what is your phone model?
All the best.
0 Likes
Galaxy A
you may also try to toggle off the touch sensitivity option in case if you've toggled it on.

"The emergency button should be disable or enabled at users option."

you can opt to remove the Phone shortcut from your lockscreen and do a dial after unlocking the device instead. Screenshot_20230121_121847_Settings.jpg
0 Likes