Original topic:

Face Recognition inferior to Apple's

(Topic created on: 01-10-2023 10:45 AM)
gsum
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy A
Facial R on my Samsung A71 doesn't work without me removing my glasses, so it doesn't work for opening my phone. Apple's FR didnt care and opens device 90% on first try and 100% on second. Why is Samsung's FR so inferior?  
0 Likes
4 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

Don't know about your device, but on my S20 Ultra, FR asks for both, with & without glasses. 

Is there an option to "Improve Face Recognition" on your device, it should then give you the option maybe? 

Try removing your face from Biometrics & Adding it back again. 

Helenna
Options
Galaxy A

Hi, if you are having difficulty unlocking with Face recognition, try the face registration again.

Remove the current face data by opening Settings, and then tapping Security and privacy.

Tap Biometrics, then tap Face recognition, and then enter your credentials. You can now tap Remove face data to clear the facial recognition data so that you can have a fresh start.

Even after performing the troubleshooting steps if the issue still persists, we request you to generate error report by following below steps:

Tap and hold on samsung Members Icon and tap on Error report >> select the category from the below >> Describe the issue and check the option "send system log data" then send.

This will help us to further investigate and resolve your concern.

0 Likes
Deeezzyyy
Expert Level 1
Galaxy A
Because of hardware differences.

Almost all android phones only use the camera for face unlock while iphones have that 3D scanner that maps the face better.

Only other android that I ever came across that has that technology too was on older Huawei phones but even now, they gave up on that technology.

Most android phones rely more on the fingerprint scanner now.
Galaxy A
I wear glasses too and FR works on me every time. I never need to remove my glasses to unlock my phone.