Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Fast Charging Blink-blink

(Topic created on: 04-30-2021 02:11 AM)
Charles52
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy A
Hi, my old Samsung Galaxy A9 Pro 2016 is not charging properly, the usb port feels loose and the fast charging feature keeps turning on and off. My battery percentage is not going up anymore. How do I fix this? 😭

Samsung Galaxy A9 Pro 2016 (SM-A910F)

7 Comments
Solution
Thaddeus47
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
The USB port needs to be replaced. I had the same issue on my note 5 and I replaced the port and fixed my issue.
Charles52
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
I agree, last night I was looking into my device's USB port and tried to kinda move it using a paper clip then I tried charging it again. I was happy that it kinda made it faster but it stopped to a certain battery percentage so I decided to turn it off and charge it overnight. It went to 100% charge when I checked it in the morning.
0 Likes
Charles52
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
But now it doesn't seem to work anymore. I'm using my phone right now while charging and it's down to 3%. 😭
0 Likes
Reynan31
Active Level 2
Galaxy A
@Charles52 and Thaddeus47 not only just the USB port is the problem but also the usb cable..

1.loose hook(look at the 1st picture)..that's why you feel something loose..on the usb port.
2.copper strips..(I don't know what is the real name of that..hahahaha but i called it copper strips) see the 2nd photo..if that have 1 or 2 missing strips..your phone battery won't get the exact power to full charge..thats why the battery percentage is not going up..and try to replace a new usb cable for your phone

20210409_174424.jpg

20210409_174323.jpg

Charles52
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
I was also checking my USB cable and found that it's losing one 'copper stips' and I also tried bending out the hooks using a needle but it's kinda hard haha 😂 I remember doing this with my old USB cable and I broke one of the hooks due to pushing it out too much.
Reynan31
Active Level 2
Galaxy A
Hahahaha thats why we need some extra care to the micro usb type B cables than Type C cables
TeamGalaxyRene
Options
Galaxy A

Hey there! How's your recent Galaxy experience? Share awesome photos captured via our Galaxy Gallery. Explore and engage with fellow members to earn awesome badges and enjoy perks from us! Stay safe!