Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Fast charging not working

(Topic created on: 05-10-2021 10:23 PM)
JSantos33
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy A
Hi! Do you know how to make fast charging work using third party charger? Currently I'm using 24 watts anker charger and it takes about 3 to 4 hours to full charge instead of under 2 hours. I'm using Galaxy A50s that supports 15 watts fast charging.
10 Comments
TeamGalaxyRuss
Options
Galaxy A

Good day! Sorry for the inconvenience, You may try calling Samsung hotline for your concern.

MOBILE: #GALAXY (#425299)

LANDLINE:

PLDT Toll free : 1-800-10-726-7864
Globe Toll Free : 1-800-8-726-7864
Standard Landline : (02)8-422-2111
Daily (8:00 AM to 8:00 PM)

or via LIVE CHAT SUPPORT: https://livechat.support.samsung.com/Customer_new/PH

0 Likes
PasteR
Active Level 5
Galaxy A
Hi JSantos33, you may want to check your third party charger compatibility with your device. Because per my experience, some third party fast charger doesn't work with samsung devices even if your device is fast charging-capable.

Or you may also check battery settings if fast charging is turned on. Settings>Battery and device care>Battery>More battery Settings

Thanks.
JSantos33
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
Thank you for your response. So does that mean that Samsung is forcing us to buy official Samsung charger that is not available in their website nor Samsung flagship store in Lazada or Shopee?
PasteR
Active Level 5
Galaxy A
I can relate, same struggle last year, during the first ECQ. No stocks available online in which I've waited for months. Because I tried using other fast charger of other phone brands, fast charging works but there's a big difference if you will use samsung charger for your samsung device.
0 Likes
JSantos33
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
The charger that came with my phone only last 1 year and it died. I hope Samsung allows us to use third party charger if their reason for removing the charger in their flagship phones is that we have too many chargers lying around.
PasteR
Active Level 5
Galaxy A
Another, I can relate too. Actually, I bought twice already for my S10 because normally if the charger is used frequently, you're lucky if it will last a year. Coz in my case, if I'm not mistaken, it only lasted for 9 months. Hopefully this time, my S21 charger will last longer. Personally, since I tried Apple too, my chargers normally last for a year only. So, for me, it's more of the usage I think. Coz I charge frequently. How about you, how's your usage?
JSantos33
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
I use it all the time, I normally have 100%+ battery usage daily so I charge my phone a lot. I think they purposely make their chargers fragile to make us buy their unavailable chargers.
PasteR
Active Level 5
Galaxy A
I feel you. If you visit my page, you will see my posts about Samsung Galaxy Book Pro 360 availability here in Ph. But at the end of the day, we are just consumers. All we have to do is keep on sharing our thoughts, as they might listen and address our concerns. 🤗
JSantos33
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
I think Samsung will listen that is why they have this Samsung Members app. Let's just hope for the best that they will solve our problems😃