Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Fast Draining Battery

(Topic created on: 07-09-2020 03:00 AM)
PissedOffCustomer
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy A
My phone battery is draining fast since the last update. My Samsung A50 is just less than a year old. Before the update, I could sleep with my game apps or Youtube on, but now, even if I turned it into Airplane mode, everyday I wake up with a dead battery. This is the only thing I can rely on during this pandemic crisis, I can't proceed in working online due to constant need of charging.
Though I've talked to few cust.supports and tried some trouble shootings(Device Care/Resets/Battery Check Performance), it just keeps draining every moment. I can't afford to proceed on Factory Resets 'cause I don't even have a laptop or other means to transfer files & it's really iincovenient. The Service Centers are too far from home & PUVs aren't yet available.
I really hope Samsung will do something about this or else I would need to dispose this phone to get a one from other brands, and let all my loved ones know that this brand is unreliable.
Thanks!
P.S. My birthday is this month, and my phone is nearing it's death anniversary too!
10 Comments
TeamGalaxyRuss
Options
Galaxy A

Good day! Is there anyone else having the same issue?

0 Likes
Galaxy A
Hi Russ! I appreciate your response, however, how are we gonna know if others are having the same issue, when I checked the likes&comments from my other posts, it says that "Can't view, original post was deleted"?
Who would have the access to delete my concern?
I hope you understand how frustrating this is mostly for ordinary consumers like me. Each penny, I earned it with sweat & blood. So, anyone like me would want to see the worth/value of what I'm spending.
Most of us are jobless, and now with a stressful phone, I've NOTHING at all!
Serving it's purpose to be useful, is already a charity from Samsung.
Please do something.
Thanks!
0 Likes
jmanansala
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
same here. did factory reset twice but same result, battery drains fast, heating issues, slow charging even it says fast charging. I notice also under Phone care it always says app error.
0 Likes
CBREYES
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
same here experienced same problem, battery drain fast eve when not using it
Galaxy A
I hope #Samsung do something about it ASAP! It's been over a week now & this is the only response I got ever since I posted this issue. I've also reported it to 3 Samsung Customer Supports & still...
Some of my posts w/same 'comments' & 'likes' from our community were deleted by someone from admin.
This isn't getting any better.
0 Likes
Galaxy A
Another day of monitoring & trouble shooting:
I charged my phone again to 100% & tried to leave it for few minutes w/o any activities. & when I checked on my Device Care (Battery Usage), I found out that this 'Google Play Services' is playing a major role of consuming my batt energy even on idle stat. I already put most of my apps to 'sleep', & 'denied' some apps linked to this Google Play Services, yet, it keeps eating my battery.
I've this screenshot.
0 Likes
CBREYES
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
i did all the advice of the samsung personnel, reset, battery drai fast after the update
CBREYES
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
hope samsung will give us solution for these problem
Galaxy A
Sadly, it'a been 12 days now since I had this issue, and #Samsung isn't yet doing any actions. I might advice all of the people I know and post on my social media accounts all these with screenshots and never use any product of them again.
0 Likes