Original topic:

find my device self activates

(Topic created on: 10-12-2019 11:16 AM)
SamSungtwo
Active Level 8
Options
Galaxy A
Before and after installing security pack August 1, 2019 my galaxy phone continues to activate "find my device" without my permission. 

When in look at the application device care and check memory for some reason memory is used up for an app that it's not activated. 

As number know find my device, is using memory without being used. 
0 Likes
8 Comments
Galaxy A
If you're THAT concerned - Use adb to disable it.... But why would you care?
SamSungtwo
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
This is a new phone and this abnormal operation should never occur. Compounding this problem is when I asked Samsung to verify the latest firmware on my phone they refused twice. Below is my A50 question and answer

question;
As of august 30-2019 is my current version correct

Kernel version- 4.14.62-16003915 #1 Fri May 10 22:58:37 KST2019

Answer;
Thank you for contacting Samsung Canada customer care.

I understand that you want to know your Galaxy A50 is running on the latest update or not.

I would like to inform you that your Galaxy A50 device is listed under quarterly security updates list, as you have mentioned that last update is received on may, your device currently running on the latest update.

However, you may receive the next patch update in September 2019.

If you have any other queries, please feel free to get back to us.

Thank you for being a Samsung Customer
0 Likes
SamSungtwo
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
find my device self activates through were wifi. it self activated today Oct-5-2019 and I had my cell service disabled.

I will test next if you must be connected to wifi or just have it enabled
0 Likes
Galaxy A
Hello I would take it to a Authorized Samsung repair center and get them to check your device.
0 Likes
SamSungtwo
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
if Samsung doesn't provide verification of the firmware on the phone, why would I trust them to repair a problem they have not acknowledged?
0 Likes
SamSungtwo
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
find my device, self activates when the phone connects to a public wifi with no password.
0 Likes
SamSungtwo
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
I have submitted to Samsung feedback the following.

The Application find my device, self activates without my permission.

If I enable find my device it asks me to press activate. I do not activate this function and find it activated. It also activates occasionally on restart of my phone.
0 Likes
SamSungtwo
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
find my device still self activates after installation of android security patch October 1 2019
0 Likes