khtannnnnnnnnn
Expert Level 5
Options
Galaxy A
40 Comments
ŃM
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
Does this mean if any models (either entry, mid or high range specs) get 5G or labeled as 5G, it is/will better in terms of future-proof? What's the pros and cons of having 4G compared to 5G specs?
0 Likes
Galaxy A
No actually it doesnt as future proof. If you get a 5G phone wait until Malaysia has 5G first, because 5G has different bands, for now the 5G phones are on sub-6 band. If our Malaysia 5G is not sub-6 band then we cant use our 5G
ŃM
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
That is what I thought as soon as I have purchased my S20 5G. My brain telling me why would you buy 5G when the facilities/infras in Malaysia is not yet available. You might as well save some money and get any 4G specs phone that is definitely will be cheaper than 5G specs. What do you think?
Galaxy A
I agree, you won't get trade offs by getting a 4G phone, 5G phones remove a lot of features and raised the prices so its not worth it
0 Likes
ŃM
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
They are sneaky in bundling I guess? 5G comes with lot of features but 4G does not. Will you still go for 4G or 5G if Malaysia will only be available in 2022-2025?
0 Likes
Galaxy A
Nah I wont go for 5G because my phones last about 3-5 years so only if 5G is stable i will get a 5G phone 3-5 years later
ŃM
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
You will only get 5G phone after 3-5 years 5G is available in Malaysia? You do not like/prefer to participate in pilot test/early birds/beta users?
0 Likes
Galaxy A
And if u buy a S20 Ultra 5G phone in countries without 5G, some users found out that Samsung didnt install any 5G modems inside the S20 Ultra, they installed the sub-6 band on S21 and the A32, but not S20 Ultra
ŃM
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
If they installed 5g modems, I am fine with it due to Malaysia is not yet available. But if they replaced with other band, I think that is unacceptable. People paid for the 5G labels not the lower ones like sub 6 bands. Is not that called as marketing fake/fail or misleading information?