Original topic:

Galaxy A50 charging issue

(Topic created on: 10-28-2019 05:01 PM)
DrFantasy91
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy A
Hi.
Anyone can highlight me the fix for charging issue currently encountered. Since last night, my original charger suddenly stop working. Only able to charge with slow charger and up to 50% only. 
5 Comments
UnknownUser
Expert Level 1
Galaxy A
is the cable also original? sometime it might happen because of the cable
Galaxy A
tested on other charge brick and cable? if its only charge up to 50% that might indicate the battery issue. I might be wrong though.
DrFantasy91
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
Update. I turned off fast charging from setting. Now able to charge to 100%. But still cant use the fast charging.
0 Likes
NVDVR
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
it's an issue with the 2nd october update, still waiting for a fix -_-
0 Likes
MOD_1
Options
Galaxy A

Hi DrFantasy91,

This is Moderator from Samsung. We have received your feedback on your concern about the issues after the software update.

May we suggest a few troubleshooting steps that you may perform from your end.

1. Force Restart your device.

2. Monitor the device in the safe mode. Safe mode will help you determine that the issue caused at the device is due to the software or hardware issue. To perform Safe Mode on your device:
a. Power off device
b. Power on device
c. Hold down the volume down key as soon as you see the Samsung logo appearing on your screen
d. Keep holding down the volume down key until you see a safe mode phrase appearing on the bottom left corner of your device.
e. Then release the volume down key.
f. Exit Safe Mode. Power off the device - Power on the device just like normal.

3. If the issue does not occur in the safe mode. There is a possibility that the issue that caused at the device is due to the software issue.

Thus, we recommend you to perform a reset setting at the device. No data will be lost when you opt for reset setting.
a. Setting
b. General Management
c. Reset
e. Reset Setting

4. If the issue persists in safe mode, the next step would be the factory reset. Factory Data Reset will remove ALL user data, including downloaded applications, documents, calendar entries, contacts, pictures, and music. Kindly ensure you first back up your phone’s data using Samsung Smart Switch.

After performing a factory reset, please set up the phone and check if the issue persists before you restore the data to your phone.

If the issue persists, there is possibly that the issue is due to a hardware issue. We highly recommend that you bring your device to our service centre for inspection by our technical team, to address your concerns accordingly.

Thank you.

0 Likes