Original topic:

Galaxy A51 keeps restarting on its own

(Topic created on: 09-23-2021 11:28 AM)
Krawk00
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy A
Starting this morning my phone screen keeps freezing going black and restarting on its own it happens every couple of minutes.
35 Comments
Valeriya
Options
Galaxy A

Hi, please perform a force reboot on the phone. Make sure your phone is charged at least 5%. If your battery is below 5%, the phone may not turn on after the reboot. A phone that is completely drained should be charged for a minimum of 15 minutes using the supplied wall charger. Press and hold the Power and Volume Down keys simultaneously until the phone reboots (7 seconds). Your phone should boot up normally. However, if the Maintenance Boot Mode screen appears, select Normal Boot. Use the volume buttons to cycle through the options. Use the Home button or Bixby button to make the selection.

0 Likes
Krawk00
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
I held buttons and it booted normally but it is still happening I noticed the battery gets slightly warm before it happens as well.
Valeriya
Options
Galaxy A

Hi, we request you to go for safe mode and check if it fixes the issue. Using Safe mode disables all downloaded apps and loads only the original software that came with your phone or tablet, allowing you to determine if the issue is caused by an app or by the device.

Follow the below steps to start the device in Safe Mode.

1. After turning off the device, turn it on.

2. Once the Samsung logo has started, press and hold the volume down button.

3. When the home screen appears, the safe mode is displayed in the lower-left corner of the screen.

Then, power on the device, and when the Samsung logo appears, press and hold down the Volume Down key.

If done correctly, "Safe Mode" will display on the bottom left corner of the screen.

Once you're in Safe Mode, check for the issue.

If the issue is gone in Safe mode: One of your recently downloaded apps was likely the cause of the problem.

If the issue still exists: Downloaded apps may not be the cause of the problem.

You may need to reset the device.

How to deactivate safe mode. 1. Press and hold the power.

0 Likes
Members_wR2GmoM
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

Hi Valeriya, my phone has only just started having the restart issue. I haven't downloaded anything new for ages, but it is making it unusable.

I put the phone in safe mode and within a minute it restarted. 

Was there ever a fix for this?

0 Likes
asterixk91
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

Hi Valeriya, i am experiencing the exact same problem with my A51 Samsung. Not sure where I can proceed from here. I've tried the following
1. Restarted in safe mode

2. Removed almost all my apps 

The weird thing is, the restarting of the phone happens within intervals that are random. Sometimes it restarts instantly right after a restart. Sometimes it takes a few hours before the next restart. 

Georgine
Options
Galaxy A

Hi, please confirm if the issue still persists in safe mode or not.

0 Likes
ngobenidavid
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy A

I am having the same exact problem, I would like to you if your is resolved.

0 Likes
Cheeryshio
Active Level 5
Galaxy A
I think there is an option somewhere in settings to auto restart the phone on certain days, though I'm not sure if it's defaulted on...
0 Likes
Rbridge00
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

Hi, I'm searching for solutions to the very same problem. My phone has randomly started to reboot. Sometimes the interval is minutes, sometime hours. I have even reset to factory setting and rebuilt everything. It is still doing it. There are no software updates needed and I am not noticing the battery get hot. Any other suggestions??