Original topic:

Galaxy a53 Bluetooth issue in car

(Topic created on: 05-12-2022 09:33 AM)
Sirandar888
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy A

UPDATE May 2023. Better late than never.

• Credit where it is due and Samsung is due some credit .... One of the updates to my phone fixed this issue and now my friends and colleagues no longer comment that I sound like a robot on Bluetooth in my Honda

Thank you Sammy

Got a new a53 and it works well but it has an issue with Bluetooth connection in my Honda accord 2013.

It is not a problem with my Honda has my previous LG phone worked absolutely perfectly with it.

My a53 connects to my car just fine and plays music perfectly and connects calls perfectly also but my own voice is garbled by distortion when I try to speak to anyone over the phone.

This is almost certainly a software issue with the a53 as there would be much more reports if it was a problem with Android.

And yes you can find other people on the internet who have this exact same issue with the a53.

JJust just fix it please.

174 Comments
Sirandar888
Active Level 3
Galaxy A

No this is not Echo or too much noise in my vehicle,.. actual signal is being messed up at some point along the data path.... I almost sound like a robot

Rbracewell
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

I was experiencing the exact same robot sounding phenomena. Went back to the store swapped my phone for another one of the same model and it works just fine

Sirandar888
Active Level 3
Galaxy A

And no there is no car Bluetooth settings or anything in developer options in Android 12 that does anything to fix this issue.... I tried them all with phone reboots in between and none of them do anything..

Brantley
Options
Galaxy A

Hi, Please Reset network settings option. It allows your phone to reset Wi-Fi, Mobile data, and Bluetooth to their initial states. Follow the steps below to reset network settings.

1.Navigate to Settings. Search for and select Reset network settings.

2.Tap Reset settings, and then tap Reset settings again.

3.If needed, enter your phone security credentials, and then tap Reset.

And check if the device software is up to date.

Sirandar888
Active Level 3
Galaxy A

Hi Brantley

Thank you for your advice....

It didn't fix the problem...

This is a Samsung QC issue and I suspect nothing but a proper software update will fix it

Galaxy A

You are right , Samsung should recall this phone and replace it

sunevg15
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

I just purchased an A53 phone and am having the EXACT same issue. The garbled Bluetooth issue is present in both our vehicles. Also, my husband has a Samsung A22 (lower end model) and the Bluetooth works fine in both vehicles for his model.

Samsung needs to fix this fast. We both love Samsung phones but are now doubting their commitment to their customers, as this seems to be getting no attention. Might be time to switch.....

olecrap
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
This phone never did work on the Bluetooth function and it looks like Samsung will do nothing until there is a class action is laid down.

Come on Samsung let's get the ball rolling and fix what it is you have sold .

Just a complete disregard for a product that they claim does not have any issues. 

Time to wake up Samsung and address this problem? 

Better still do you even read these concerns from your customers. 

mmills79
Active Level 2
Galaxy A

Samsung team!!!!

Are you listening??

There is a problem with the Bluetooth implementation on the A53 platform that causes the audio quality to  be distorted and sound robotic.

PLEASE FIX!!