Original topic:

Galaxy a53 Bluetooth issue in car

(Topic created on: 06-04-2022 10:45 AM)
Sirandar888
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy A

UPDATE May 2023. Better late than never.

• Credit where it is due and Samsung is due some credit .... One of the updates to my phone fixed this issue and now my friends and colleagues no longer comment that I sound like a robot on Bluetooth in my Honda

Thank you Sammy

Got a new a53 and it works well but it has an issue with Bluetooth connection in my Honda accord 2013.

It is not a problem with my Honda has my previous LG phone worked absolutely perfectly with it.

My a53 connects to my car just fine and plays music perfectly and connects calls perfectly also but my own voice is garbled by distortion when I try to speak to anyone over the phone.

This is almost certainly a software issue with the a53 as there would be much more reports if it was a problem with Android.

And yes you can find other people on the internet who have this exact same issue with the a53.

JJust just fix it please.

174 Comments
Bev1
Active Level 1
Galaxy A

Me too on my 2017 Subaru Outback.

rich99usa
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

Not so with my A53 and my Honda Odyssey - it garbles the voice whether receiving or making the call.

mmills79
Active Level 2
Galaxy A

I can say from personal experience that this issue can occur whether the call is originated or received using hands free Bluetooth.  In my case, only the "called" party (when I make the call using the A53) or the calling party (when I receive a call on the A53) hears the distorted sound. On my end, the audio is fine. It is an A53 platform issue of some kind.

0 Likes
MikeS91336
Active Level 1
Galaxy A

Got a new A53 in April and discovered this problem a couple weeks later when someone tried to call me in the car. I have a 2016 Corolla. I've unpaired and re-paired, made sure the OS was up to date, and reset all connectivity, all yielding the same results. I also connected my A53 to a Bluetooth headset and it worked fine.

My service provider provided me with a warranty exchange, and still the same results. My previous Samsung A10e worked just fine in the same car (I repaired it just to make sure nothing had gone wrong in my car between devices, but nope, the A10e still worked). So clearly this is a problem with this device. Samsung, you need to fix this now as it a potential serious safety issue.

MikeS91336
Active Level 1
Galaxy A

I just downloaded and installed the latest software for my Toyota Entune system and that did not fix the problem. That places this problem squarely in Samsung's hands. A 2016 Toyota Corolla is not an obscure vehicle by any measure.

FIX THIS SAMSUNG!

Lasrever
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

I'm going to samsung repair shop tomorrow for EXACT same issue.   Was given another phone as well.  Same issue.   Was told if enough complaints they will issue a bulletin and replace with different phones.   Will see what tomorrow brings. 

Galaxy A

hi.  Can you share what happened at the Samsung repair shop re the bluetooth phone call issue....THANK YOU!

Bev1
Active Level 1
Galaxy A

Yes,  My A53 works well on my  2021 Ford F150, but does not work with my 2017 Subaru, calls receiving and outgoing, super distortion.

Samsung_WJpvKjf
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

Got an A53 and same problem in my 2012 Honda Civic. Samsung S8 worked fine. Returned my A53 for an S22 and now everything works again. Very disappointing phone that it doesn't even compare to a phone 3 or 4 years older than it

DorianDash
Beginner Level 5
Galaxy A
Bluetooth issues with my A53 and 2011 ki soul. Works fine for a few hours then pairing fails. Need pair again and again and again. Worked perfectly for years with my Motorola Moto e5 play. I expect better from Samsung. Please fix the software