Original topic:

Galaxy a53 Bluetooth issue in car

(Topic created on: 06-27-2022 05:35 PM)
Sirandar888
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy A

UPDATE May 2023. Better late than never.

• Credit where it is due and Samsung is due some credit .... One of the updates to my phone fixed this issue and now my friends and colleagues no longer comment that I sound like a robot on Bluetooth in my Honda

Thank you Sammy

Got a new a53 and it works well but it has an issue with Bluetooth connection in my Honda accord 2013.

It is not a problem with my Honda has my previous LG phone worked absolutely perfectly with it.

My a53 connects to my car just fine and plays music perfectly and connects calls perfectly also but my own voice is garbled by distortion when I try to speak to anyone over the phone.

This is almost certainly a software issue with the a53 as there would be much more reports if it was a problem with Android.

And yes you can find other people on the internet who have this exact same issue with the a53.

JJust just fix it please.

175 Comments
tiger_galo
Active Level 1
Galaxy A

I have exact same issue with my Mitsubishi RVR 2015. I can connect with Bluetooth to all other devices and play music, I can play music in the car as well through the Bluetooth system all clear sound, but when I call I can hear clearly the other party's voice, but the other person doesn't hear my voice clearly, or I sound like a robot under the water. I've got my brand new phone mid June 2022, like around two weeks ago. SAMSUNG you got to do something about it. It might be a Bluetooth communication version issue, but the phone should be backward compatible.  

TG10
Active Level 1
Galaxy A

I also have the same issue with Samsung A53 when connected to my Bluetooth in my Honda Odyssey.  I also went thru the process of getting a replacement thru factory warranty--new phone,  same results. How can we get Samsung to address this. I have always had a Samsung; but, I have spent so much time on this, I will have to consider another brand.

ty77
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy A
I talked to Samsung this morning and they told me to create and error report in the members app. Waiting now for someone to contact me in 48hrs
ChristalB
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

I'm having this same issue with my Toyota Rav4. My Galaxy S10e worked perfectly fine but not the new a53. So frustrating..yes please, find a solution or I need to return my phone. 

Jnwoods84
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

I just got this phone and I love it, other than the issues I've been having with the Bluetooth in my car. It sounds like a robot. Samsung needs to resolve this otherwise I'm returning the phone and going back to my motorola. 

ruby84
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

someone have find a solution for that ?

nothing resolve the trouble for me 

Sirandar888
Active Level 3
Galaxy A

This is a message from the original poster.  Samsung isn't even responding and they're probably not going to do anything about it because they don't have the skill anymore and they can't get the cars to test.

However this is a huge issue because using your phone in the car is a core function of a cell phone and it is illegal to hold in your hand. The Bluetooth doesn't work means you can't use your cell phone in the car because the speaker phone isn't loud enough.

TThis is a deal breaker

Sirandar888
Active Level 3
Galaxy A

Also be noted that due to another issue I needed to take my phone to a Samsung authorized repair center and have the software completely wiped and reloaded with the latest version....

The phone was 100% virgin and it still had this issue... This is not a incapalibility issue with other software because this was a fresh install of the latest OS

MRainey
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

So after being on the phone for literally DAYS trying to fix this issue and not getting phone calls, Samsung has only given me the following options: 1. buy another phone, which means I have to spend more money and get less, because the 'next' phone my service provider has is the S21FE 5g, which does not have all the features of this one. 2. go 9 days without my phone so that I can send it in to them. Neither is an ideal option for me. This was AFTER the representative TOLD me that this was a KNOWN issue with the A53's. Shame on you Samsung for not standing behind your products! You should be pulling these off the shelves. Maybe we all need to file a BBB report? 

TG10
Active Level 1
Galaxy A

Sounds like a class action lawsuit is in order. This is a safety issue that requires immediate attention.  If I need to call 911, they can not understand me. Also, in many areas, it is against the law to not use your phone hands-free. Samsung needs to understand this is not a video game that is not working,  it is a serious safety issue.