Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Galaxy A70 won't have three (3) major OS update ☹

(Topic created on: 12-01-2020 12:49 PM)
Reesch
Expert Level 5
Options
Galaxy A

Samsung reveals the official list of devices to get three OS updates: Galaxy A50 and Galaxy A70 fail to make the cut

Samsung has now released the official list of phones that will enjoy its new policy of providing three major OS updates. The usual suspects are there, along with the Galaxy A51, Galaxy A71, and Galaxy A90 as hypothesized. The A50 and A70 miss out, sadly.

A few weeks ago, Samsung officially confirmed that it would start providing three OS updates to its flagship phones, starting with the Galaxy S10 series. Reports then surfaced that the company's Galaxy A-series would also enjoy similar perks. Those reports have proven true now, as Samsung has officially released the list of devices that will get three OS updates.

The list is as follows:

It's important to note that all variants of the phones—4G and 5G models—listed above will get the promised three OS updates. Upcoming phones in the Galaxy S series, Galaxy Note series, Galaxy Z series, and Galaxy Tab series will all get three OS updates. However, not all future Galaxy A series devices will get that privilege; we expect only the Galaxy A52, Galaxy A72, and upwards to be part of this new policy. Sorry, Galaxy A31 and A41 owners.

Sadly, for the Galaxy A series, only the current generation of phones make the cut. Ergo, the A51, A71, and A90. The A50 and A70 don't. That's a shame, but it makes sense from a business perspective.

This is according to notebookcheck.net

This means that Galaxy A70 is not included to get three (3) major OS update as promised by Samsung. I feel sad about it because I thought my device will get three (3) major OS update soon but I was wrong. I think that is an official statement so there's nothing I can do about it. I should've bought A90 instead. 😫 It's very underwhelming! 😭

52 Comments
Galaxy A
hey
Galaxy A
why did you say beaurifull lady classe?
Reesch
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
because she's beautiful. Can't you see her beauty?
0 Likes
Galaxy A
noo
0 Likes
Reesch
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
why?
0 Likes
Galaxy A
becuase im jealos but now im not jealous anymore.
0 Likes
Reesch
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
that's good that you're not jealous now.
0 Likes
Galaxy A
how old are you?
0 Likes
Galaxy A
how old are you?