Original topic:

GALAXY SMARTPHONE A70 MANY ISSUES: SOUND

(Topic created on: 09-16-2021 10:11 AM)
braInDEAD
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy A

So many issues with many contributors at a time 

SOUND: How can I *restore* the sound sampler list? Used 2 B a list with samples but now when I click sounds under notifications -> I'm shot to file manager. PLEASE 

ADVISE

NB WANT 2 POST SCREENSHOTS BUT have 4gotten how in 2 days

19 Comments
braInDEAD
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
Hi & Thanks for the steps! Problem is I'm in the hospital and am 100% dependant on this phone. Not sure if there's risk involved. Is there a file that records errors on this? Would downloading Samsung default ringtones? Or another compatible sound file to see if they solve.thiß b4 factory reset
Thanx
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

Yes you can download ringtones, there's a popular application called Zedge which allows you to download & choose custom ringtones & notification sounds. 

You can also download Samsung ringtones from sammobile.com. 

There are some other sites, but I don't think that I would trust many of them. 

There's very little risk, if any in performing a factory reset. Just make SURE that you backup your phone with smart switch FIRST!! 

braInDEAD
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
Thanx
The 4th pic is what I want (had).
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

You're saying that you don't anymore? 

0 Likes
braInDEAD
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
I don't anymore.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

Off the top of my head, & although it's a pita, it *SHOULD* get restored if you Factory Reset your phone.. it SHOULD. 

I'm not sure if it's something that you can just download from Samsung or apk mirror? If it's a System app, then you can't. 

If you decide to Factory Reset, make sure that you backup your phone with smart switch FIRST! 

braInDEAD
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
Thanx
I'm in hospital w/o any peripherals or pin to remove the battery - maybe irrelevant.. If I knew WHEN this happened to the sound I would be able to give more info. Multiple possible causes. I'll try the Samsung ringtones.
Thanx
BTW I thought I'd made up PITA
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

You don't need to remove the battery to factory reset (I don't have your device, but I thought that Samsung had moved away from removable batteries?). I've got the S20 Ultra & the battery would normally require a Samsung Service technician to remove it. 

braInDEAD
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
No it's a physical battery.
0 Likes
braInDEAD
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
Epilog and start of new problems
I read likely on Samsung site once one backs up to Ms oneDrive Samsung ringtones r gone 4ever.
I did download some Samsung ones but not easy to change.
Will post new topic
THANX
0 Likes