Original topic:

Google assistant problems

(Topic created on: 06-30-2021 06:38 AM)
SungSamA50
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy A
Hello all,
Is anyone else having problems with Google Assistant recently? The assistant recognizes my voice and listens to my command but it doesn't show the results on my phone at all. It will say I found 3 restaurants near you but will not show me those restaurants. I could say "Food Basics, Hurontario" and it would show me the store, phone number, store hours. Now it says "I found a few locations near you" and goes silent.
I've tried rebooting, reinstalling the app several times, resetting Voice Match 3X, and the GA toggle is on.
Help, please.
17 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

Did you uninstall all updates to the Google app & then update from the Play Store?

You could also go to settings > apps > Google & clear cache & data for Google.

But FYI, there was a server side issue with Google over the last few days. I would get the audible response from Google Assistant, but no visual interface. This was reported globally by a number of people. It was however short lived & resolved itself in an hour or so.

This may not be what you are talking about though? 

SungSamA50
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
Yes, it's exactly what I'm experiencing. However, for me, it's been 10 days. I've cleared the data, there weren't any cache files in my phone storage
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

That IS weird! For me Google Assistant was misbehaving for maybe an hour or so. Some other people had it last for a few hours & everywhere from the Philippines to Europe.. but it definitely didn't last for anything like days!

Did you check to see if Google is being "optimized" by the battery, although that *SHOULDN'T* make a difference, Google app IS optimized on my S20 Ultra. 

I'm in Canada BTW. 

SungSamA50
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
I'm in Canada, too. It's driving me nuts. I've gone back to typing web searches.
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

Along with clearing DATA for the Google app, you could also try Force Stopping it. 

But the server side issue that I, along with others occurred a couple of days ago...

Last resort, and I'm doubtful that it will fix the issue, would be to backup your phone with smart switch & factory reset.. 

RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

I forgot to ask whether you ALSO cleared Data for the Google app? I know that you said that cache empty.

SungSamA50
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
I think I tried everything over and over except for the dreaded factory reset.
0 Likes
Georgine
Options
Galaxy A

Hi, please try backup and reset, reset your device after a backup of the data. Otherwise, it will erase all the data. Get back to us with the results. Here are the steps to backup your data:

Backup from Samsung account--Apps > Settings > Cloud > Backup > Select the data > Back up now.

Backup from Google account--Apps > Settings > Backup and reset.

Here are the steps for factory reset, settings>>General management>>Reset>>Factory data reset>>Scroll down to the bottom and tap on Reset>> Delete All.

SungSamA50
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
Hi, Georgine. I managed to regain GA visual interface BUT only if I open the GA app.
0 Likes